We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Black Gospel church services in Orlando

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Black Gospel church services in Orlando

Hi

We will be visiting Orlando in April and would love to attend an authentic (not tourist/theme park) Gospel church service to worship on the Sunday.

Can anyone recommend a church - pref Black ??

Tks

Anne

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Black Gospel church services in Orlando

If you want a great Gospel brunch experience go to the Gospel Brunch at the House of Blues DTD. I know it's at Disney but it's a great experience and the gospel singers are fabulous. I really feel like I'm in church whenever we go.

Sevenoaks
Level Contributor
351 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Black Gospel church services in Orlando

I am glad you enjoyed this as I have just booked for October as my husband loves Gospel Music.

I was a bit worried as I had read some awful reports !!

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Black Gospel church services in Orlando

Kentishmaid, we've been many times to this and always had a goof time. After "church" we sit by the Porch Bar outside and listen to the singer, with a glass of wine watching the world go by, no better way to spend a Sunday at Disney, IMO :)

Derry, United...
Level Contributor
239 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Black Gospel church services in Orlando

wot does it matter wot colour peoples skin is?

i thought the christain god wasnt racist

Boxborough...
Level Contributor
1,890 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Black Gospel church services in Orlando

aneka: This may shed some light

…usatoday.com/destinations/…1

Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
15,047 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Black Gospel church services in Orlando

It's not a racist thing. Traditional Black/African American churches are a significant part of American history and played a huge role in the American Civil Rights movement in the 1960-70s. The services usually feature excellent gospel music and passionate sermons. I was semi-raised by our housekeeper who was a member of a full gospel church and occasionally attended church with her.

People of all races are welcome as long as non-members remember that this is a house of worship and not, like the HoB, a tourist attraction. It's strictly discretionary but I would drop a few bucks in the collection plate. Many of these churches provide much needed services to their communities.

Sorry, can't help with an Orlando church but if you ever happen to be in Baton Rouge........

Derry, United...
Level Contributor
239 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Black Gospel church services in Orlando

thats wot i was getting at sdlow

its a sad day when people cant worship there religion in peace with out the hassle of tourists to look at you like preforming monkeys

Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
15,047 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Black Gospel church services in Orlando

Well I guess I'm a hassling tourist then since I've attended Mass in Paris and Evensong in London.

Edited: 9:36 am, February 08, 2013
Derry, United...
Level Contributor
239 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Black Gospel church services in Orlando

if the person in this thread only wanted to tend to there religion while on holiday they would be asking for mass or church services

as god is not ment to be racist

but there asking for black it has to be black. i find that racist and feel the op of this tread intends to go for amusment instead of worship, churches gospels etc etc are not tourist attractions

as per the link posted by sudlow is a good example of this

Va
Level Contributor
11,381 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Black Gospel church services in Orlando

I am not sure I would just stop by a random church just to watch a show. While I am sure most churches would welcome people in with open arms, I am also sure there are those that would feel like you are patronizing them just as you do the whale show at Sea World. I think the advice of the gospel brunch at the HOB is probably the best advice.