We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

August 2014 when to book

uk
Level Contributor
196 posts
Save Topic
August 2014 when to book

When would be best to book for the last 2 weeks of August 2014? Is this an ok time to go? Will probably book a package. Thanks in advance.

scotland
Level Contributor
1,841 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: August 2014 when to book

Hi, I am also wondering about 2014! We/friends are going from Scotland and have a journey to get to mainland Scotland in the first place. Do not want to fly into Sanford though so will get to mainland Scotland then from there to Gatwick/Heathrow. I know BA flies from Gatwick but not sure where Virgin go from. Of course the cheapest flights would be great as there is the extra travel. Much thanks for replies!

uk
Level Contributor
196 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: August 2014 when to book

Can anyone advise on this?

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: August 2014 when to book

liz BA & Virgin fly from Gatwick. Virgin also flies from Manchester. Some from Scotland fly to Dublin and use Aer Lingus, they fly into MCO.

braceyuk, book when you find a price that you're happy with. August will be very hot, very humid and very crowded. Take lots of breaks and drink lots of water.

Tyneside, England
Level Contributor
57 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: August 2014 when to book

I booked for this August in Oct last year (newcastle to sanford package with Thomson). cheapest price was actually in Sept; as it started to creep up I took the plunge and booked. So glad I did, same holiday is now over £500 more pp (not that I should be looking!).

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
909 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: August 2014 when to book

I think the package holidays come out around April, I know Virgin are out know but prices are high at the moment. We booked last September for this August just as the flight only prices came out so we could compare DIY prices with package. Got a great package deal with Thomson...worked out cheaper than doing it separately :) and loads cheaper than Virgin.

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: August 2014 when to book

I have just booked for August 22nd 2014 on Friday - 2 adults with TCD for £2500 inc Flight, Hotel + Car

Essex, United...
Level Contributor
75 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: August 2014 when to book

Hi I just went on there website and say unable to book yet. too soon ----did you phone them direct? I want to book around 15th August 2014 ---any help I would appreciate

Thanks

Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
1,630 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: August 2014 when to book

'Take lots of breaks and drink lots of water.'

Thanks US great Advice!!!

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
5,195 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: August 2014 when to book

It is really something you have to decide for yourself. I usually book around March but I tried that last year and the prices were too expensive and I couldn't go. This year I have already booked- just a week ago.

The prices may go down and I may have got a better price but then again they may go up and I would be in the same position as last year.

My advice- if you find a price you can afford and are happy with paying then book.

Widnes, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: August 2014 when to book

we booked in September 2013 and are going on the 26 of august for 18 days there is 10 in our party and we have 2 x 2 bedroom apartments in the west gate palace on international drive 1x 12 seater bus a return flight each with flythomascook.com into MCO and park tickets to Magic Kingdom Park

EpcotDisney's Hollywood StudiosDisney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park plus 0ne day spear over a 14 day period then onto 14 days’ :

Universal Studios FloridaUniversal’s Islands of Adventure SeaWorld Orlando Aquatica

Wet ‘n Wild Orlando

Universal CityWalk and Busch Gardens the price worked out at £1300 each