We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

disney transportation

Winter Garden...
Level Contributor
612 posts
Save Topic
disney transportation

I found this post on a talkdisney forum.

My Mom sometimes drives over to the parks to meet me (when I'm staying on property). I use WDW transport exclusively One afternoon we were going from AK to MGM and she said "Why don't you just ride with me it'll be quicker" I refused. I waited 10 minutes at least for a bus and I steal beat har to the park by about 5 minutes.

Most people don't factor in waiting for trams, walking to the car, and driving the long about way (WDW bus drivers know all the shortcuts and dont have to wait for parking tolls etc.).

Not saying WDW transport will Always beat your own car, but it probably will alot of times, plus its fun, and easy! (And hey your saving money on gas too!!!)

Florida
Level Contributor
2,919 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: disney transportation

It is definitely faster to take Disney transport to and from the Magic Kingdom, than to take your car. If you're in the park, you have to take transportation to the Ticket Center, then a tram to your car. Then you have to actually find your car in the lot (you just thought you were in the third row back and the 22nd car down the line!). Then when you get to the next park, you have to do it all in reverse!

However, if you are staying off property, it's better to drive your car to the morning park and then move it to where you're spending the evening, especially during slower season when the park closing hours vary so much. It can be difficult to get back to Animal Kingdom at night from Epcot to pick up your car after the fireworks. So long as the park where you leave it in the morning is open later than the park where you plan to end the day, it's not an issue.