We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One day at MK and one day at......

Rochester, MN
Level Contributor
1,055 posts
216 reviews
Save Topic
One day at MK and one day at......

We will be spending a couple days in WDW on our one week trip to FL this coming April. We have booked a character meal (dinner) in MK so one day will be devoted there. Looking for opinions on what we should select for our other day. Our family includes our two daughters ages 3 1/2 and 10 mos. 10 mo old of course could care less about the whole thing just feed, pamper change, nap, etc. 3 1/2 year old is all about princesses right now, and loves Doc McStuffins and Sophia. This has me thinking maybe we should give Hollywood Studios a shot? Or is there enough there suitable for the younger kids? Animal Kingdom WAS higher on our list but some posts may have swayed me away. And I had ruled out Epcot but read a few posts where it may be a neat experience even for smaller kids. Anyone out there have kids around my daughter's age that would care to chime in?

We do have a possible 3rd day to spend at the parks, but it would be a strong half day at best (is it even worth the admission to go from like noon to nighttime?)

Thx!

Mentioned in this post
Epcot
Epcot
24,397 Reviews
Orlando, FL
chicago
Level Contributor
8,793 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One day at MK and one day at......

I would spend both at mk, I doubt you can see it all in one day with kids that age, I certainly didn't last year with my 3 year old

Ak was a disappointment, I wouldn't go back

Portsmouth...
Level Contributor
781 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One day at MK and one day at......

We found Epcot a perfect resort for small children and toddlers, lots to see and do and LOADS of space for them to run around without bothering others. Lots of places to take time out, the water thingy that they can run around in, tidy little rides for your 3-1/2 year old. My kids loved it at that age.

I would definitely consider Epcot as your second day, its a great Park.

Mentioned in this post
Epcot
Epcot
24,397 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
17,525 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: One day at MK and one day at......

As above, think I would consider Epcot. Adults tend to like it, Flower and Garden Festival will be on, lots of princess opportunities for your 3.5 year old, some fun attractions, arts and craft activity through the countries, and generally just a good place to be out and about enjoying the weather and exploring.

Mentioned in this post
Epcot
Epcot
24,397 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: One day at MK and one day at......

I'd go with EPCOT, lots of princesses about around the world showcase. Belle outside France, Jasmine outside Morocco, Mulan by China and if you're really lucky you might see Marie from the Aristocats outside France, she is so lovely.

You could also make an ADR for breakfast or dinner at Akerhaus, lots of princesses there.

Mentioned in this post
Epcot
Epcot
24,397 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Morocco
Morocco
Africa
Sorrento, FL
Level Contributor
395 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: One day at MK and one day at......

Epcot with my 11 month old niece was a wonderful day. Stay flexible, your 3 year old may beg for another day in MK!!

And yes, if you can afford a third ticket, then noon to nighttime is a fine stretch of time if you don't stress over trying to see it all.

Mentioned in this post
Epcot
Epcot
24,397 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
977 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: One day at MK and one day at......

Definatley worth the admission to go to Epcot from noon to night. besides the princesses, there is Donald Duck, Mary Poppins, Alice in Wonderland, to name a few. The Flower and Garden show is amazing. You will need two days at Mk

Mentioned in this post
Epcot
Epcot
24,397 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
1,516 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: One day at MK and one day at......

hi

When my 2 daughters were 3 their favourite park after MK was Hollywood studios.

Top 3 things for a 3 year old girl would be.

Voyage of the Little Mermaid

Beauty and the Beast show - absolutely top class

Disney Playhouse - great fun for kids of that age.

The girls are now 13 and 10 but the Beaty and the Beast show is still something we go to at least twice during the holiday.

Apart from Turtle Talk with Crush, they have never really found that much to do at Epcot

Mentioned in this post
Epcot
Epcot
24,397 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Rochester, MN
Level Contributor
1,055 posts
216 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: One day at MK and one day at......

Hearing a little more Epcot than Hollywood Studios, did not expect that but I am taking it into consideration:)

Any additional thoughts on doing like a noon to close at the parks, worth it?

Mentioned in this post
Epcot
Epcot
24,397 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Livingston...
Level Contributor
501 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: One day at MK and one day at......

I'd recommend Hollywood Studios or Epcot.

Mentioned in this post
Epcot
Epcot
24,397 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Ocala, Florida
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: One day at MK and one day at......

at hollywood studios no matter what time of year you go if you want to do toy story without an hour or more wait or want to get a fastpass you should really get there at rope drop.even on days where the crowd level is a 3 out of 10 and HS is recommended fastpasses can all run out before 12pm.rope drop is a lot better than arriving at noon because most people arrive between 10:30-2pm so you would be coming in with a lot of other people also the busiets time of the day for attractions is 11am-5pm so a lot of attractions will have long waits and fastpasses for some rides will have really late return times.