We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is It Wrong...? And itinerary help needed...

Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
55 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Is It Wrong...? And itinerary help needed...

To be planning this far in advance?! I've pretty much got my days mapped out - thinking about what other ADRs we can do, and mentally mapping routes... Surely this isn't healthy?! Fun tho.

Below is our basic itinerary for the two weeks - please if you think this isn't doable or I have missed something major, let me know (DH is adamant we are doing this once, I don't believe him but want to get it squeezed in)

We fly at 10am on the 10th August - so by the time we get to our resort I reckon it will be about 5pm/6pm (staying at coco keys - land at Sanford where we pick up our car). So plan for this day is to let DD7 hit the water park at the hotel, get some dinner and get an early night.

11th - typhoon lagoon. Thinking we may be feeling the effects of jet lag thought this would be the best bet. Plan is grab dinner on I Drive that night. Correct me if I am wrong but I don't need me make reservations do I?

12th - Epcot (ill be honest this was one of my least favourite parks to do, but after reading reviews and that I think I am more excited about this that MK, already have loads if school project ideas for DD). Plan here is to eat at one of the restaurants to get fantasmic pre entry.

13th - universal (not too sure what to do about dinner - ideas welcome, do we head back to I drive or eat there?)

14th - IoA (same as above in regards of dinner)

15th - magic kingdom and crystal palace character dinner with Pooh bear (not telling DD so it will be a surprise)

16th - Aquatica (won't lie not overly bothered about this park, tickets came at a reduced cost with DC) if you think it's worth missing - let us know DD loves water chutes but with two already on the menu... I don't know

17th - Discovery Cove with dolphin swim (I can't contain my excitement for this AT ALL)

18th - Magic Kingdom with the wishes dessert party - any idea where we could eat an early dinner?

19th - blizzard beach with dinner on I drive

20th - seaworld and probably dinner on I drive again I did look at dime with shamu but it doesn't appeal

21st - Hollywood Studios - dinner ?

22nd - Animal Kingdom

23rd - free day probably to head back to fav attractions

24th - flight home, depart from Sanford about 5pm

A few points to raise - we have unlimited park hopper 14 day for all Disney parks, 14 day unlimited for seaworld and aquatica and 2 park 14 day for both universal (we have done the 3T deal with Thomson)

My daughter is more a thrill seeker than a princess (don't get me wring she adores them but give her a tree to climb or a roller coaster to tackle or dress up/princesses she goes for the thrill every time). She is seven and a strong swimmer. Currently she is 51 1/2 inches and appears to be growing every time I look at her!

Me - I'm up for anything, bar stuff that "jumps" out on me (no idea why I can watch horror movies galore)

DH just goes with the flow - he likes an eas life. :)

We are both drivers and travel to the parks doesn't faze us (not keen on the parking fees but needs must)

So I ask you...

Am I missing something? Anything? Should there be a dining experience we have missed? Does it all look ok?

Thank you for any feedback/help

Chelle x

Ps apologies for any spelling errors - balancing iPad on lap)

england
Level Contributor
4,901 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is It Wrong...? And itinerary help needed...

Firstly, fantastic is not at epcot...it's at Hollywood studios so you won't get a dinner with the seating at epcot. I think you need some downtime...don't try to do too much and squeeze it all in. You have a very full itinerary there....it is a holiday after all.

manchester
Level Contributor
3,571 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is It Wrong...? And itinerary help needed...

Definitly not to early to be planning , at MK we like Tony's l know a lot don't it you want a table service it was very enjoyable if a little rushed but I would probably try' for be our guest'

You have put you are eating at Epcot for the Fantasmic package, ther are loads of great restaurants at Epcot but Fantasmic is at DHS

Universal we come out of the park & eat on Citywalk we always seem to end up at the Hardrock cafe but there are a lot of places there

Aquatica is good if only for Roas rapids the fast lazy river

Edited: 3:45 pm, January 27, 2013
Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
55 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is It Wrong...? And itinerary help needed...

Sorry I have no idea why I thought fantasmic was at Epcot ...

Plan amended for DHS

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
17,880 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is It Wrong...? And itinerary help needed...

At Universal you could eat in the park at Lombard's, we loved it or one of the restaurants on citiwalk (goes for your Islands of Adventure day too). You don't have to make reservations for these restaurants.

If you're doing the dessert party, maybe just a late lunch? You want to be able to eat a lot there...lol Columbia Harbour House in MK is nice for lunch or try and eat at Be Our Guest (no reservations needed for lunch).

Edited: 3:51 pm, January 27, 2013
Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
17,880 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is It Wrong...? And itinerary help needed...

Here are the disney menus

http://allears.net/menu/menus.htm

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
1,431 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is It Wrong...? And itinerary help needed...

hi

My main comments would be:

a) to check Disney EMH. You need to avoid these days for Disney if you are staying off site.

B) first morning, because of the time difference, you will all be up early. Best to use this time to get to one of the main parks early and be at the front of the Q's. With a 7 year old, I would head to MK. You will probably get tired mid afternoon.

We always go in August and do all the parks.

Level Contributor
1,076 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is It Wrong...? And itinerary help needed...

When are you shopping!!? Seriously though if you are planning to hit the outlets/malls you could do it easily on a water park day.

I agree you might need a chill out day but you could do that as and when you need it.

We had children aged 1, 8, 10, 14 and 18 (not all mine) with us when we went in 2009 and survived with only one down day. No one moaned and we had a lie in on days we did the water parks. Your plan looks a lot like ours did. I will say though that we were pretty tired when we got back to the UK.

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
2,738 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is It Wrong...? And itinerary help needed...

It's never too early to plan...you have Typhoon Lagoon planned for your first day as you think you may be jet lagged. You will probably be awake at five so you should use this to your advantage and get to one of the theme parks for rope drop. We usually do Animal Kingdom as you can get round it quite quickly and come away for a nice meal outside the park then back to the hotel for a swim before the jet lag catches up on you. Get an early night ready for the next day. Personally I wouldn't eat in the parks you can get much more for your money in restaurants away from Theme parks.

Ocala, Florida
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Is It Wrong...? And itinerary help needed...

just to let you know thursdays are one of the top 3 busiest days of the week at mk.if you want to double check the parks and dates easywdw has the best crowd calander with info on why a park is recommded or not and IT'S FREE.

On the 15th mk is the only red park so if you can change it you should same with the 18th.Also on the 21st hollywood studios is one of two red pars the other being ak.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
1,512 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Is It Wrong...? And itinerary help needed...

i would say by the 4th day you will scrap the itinery:) its hard work,,honestly,,,but you seem to have the energy for it,,,so go for it...you will have the time of your life:)