We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach Club, Wilderness Lodge or Port Orleans Riverside??

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, Canada
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Topic
Beach Club, Wilderness Lodge or Port Orleans Riverside??

We are trying to narrow down our resort for our first stay onsite at Disney with our 5 year old daughter. Although I really like what I've read with Wilderness Lodge, I am thinking the Beach Club is worth staying at for the location. Is the location of the Wilderness a bit of a time zapper? Port Orleans Riverside appeals as far as the location as well, but is it worth the extra to stay at one of the deluxe resorts? Thanks in advance!!

Fort Worth
Level Contributor
11,421 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach Club, Wilderness Lodge or Port Orleans Riverside??

All 3 resorts are lovely, however with a 5 year old, I would select Wilderness Lodge (closest to Magic Kingdom) or Port Orleans. I'm sure you will want to visit MK more than once, and the bus transport to MK, from the Beach Club, is among the worst at Disney.

We prefer the added amenities of a "deluxe", but love the grounds and boat to DTD, from Port Orleans.

Happy planning!

pa
Level Contributor
53,917 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach Club, Wilderness Lodge or Port Orleans Riverside??

It is no secret I am a Wilderness Lodge Fan, being a short and fun boat ride away from the Magic Kingdom is just the Beginning, it is a Beautiful Resort, very peaceful and relaxing, very good dining options and lots of activities for the kids. The beach is a lovely bonus for quiet afternoons and for viewing the Electric Water Pageant at night. I really could go on and on :)

www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2778033

IMHO, it is worth the upgrade to a Deluxe as long as it won't put a huge dent in your budget

We also love Port Orleans Riverside, it is at the top of our list for Moderates, we have stayed there more times than I can count

www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2851271

Not a big fan of the Y and B Clubs when traveling with young kids, for several reasons, the two that always stand out are 1) the Pool is just too darn big, you have to watch the kids every second, not very relaxing and 2) the quick service dining options are very limited

When are you hoping to visit ? There are current discounts for Feb - June

Near London...
9 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach Club, Wilderness Lodge or Port Orleans Riverside??

We are going early March for 7 days. I had my heart set on the Wilderness lodge, but I was thinking it would be nice to be able to walk to Epcot for some dinners, and/or fireworks. I've read how great the pool is at the beach club, but of its not great for the wee ones that is definitely something to consider. How are the food choiices at the Wilderness?

pa
Level Contributor
53,917 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach Club, Wilderness Lodge or Port Orleans Riverside??

Welcome to the forum Lisa

The Wilderness Lodge Dining Options are good plus you have easy access to the Contemporary, the Polynesian, the Grand Floridian, Fort Wilderness and the Magic Kingdom, lots of Dining Options, you can eat at any Resort Restaurant as well as the Parks, not just the Resort you are staying at

Check out the Link posted in Reply #2

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
17,541 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beach Club, Wilderness Lodge or Port Orleans Riverside??

We've stayed at Beach Club twice (love it) and Wilderness Lodge (love it). If staying in the summer I would pick beach club, winter/Christmas time I would pick wilderness lodge. When we stayed at beach club there were plenty of little kids there. We love walking into Epcot every night. We also had stayed in PO french quarter, love that also (you can't go wrong with any of them) and of course that would save you money. Whatever you decide, enjoy :)

Edited: 5:53 pm, January 24, 2013
6. Re: Beach Club, Wilderness Lodge or Port Orleans Riverside??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, January 26, 2014