We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

More Discovery Cove questions

Kirkcaldy, United...
Level Contributor
652 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
More Discovery Cove questions

So I have got our tickets through. A little question about clothes to wear there. Is it on to be wearing shorts and t shirts when walking around or do you have to wear swimwear. I know it mentions wetsuits but can you just walk around in the wetsuit once it is on too?

Hope they have a wetsuit to fit me as I'm not exactly skinny ;(

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
17,209 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: More Discovery Cove questions

The have wetsuits, both short ("shorts" and shortsleeves) and long ("pants" and longsleeves) as well as wet vests (sleeveless and zipper in the front) which most people select (they are easy to take on and off). Don't worry, they have all sizes. And you'll be in company with all sizes as well. Most stay in their swimwear all day. It would be inconvenient to change to walk around. And unnecessary.

Livingston Scotland
Level Contributor
41 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: More Discovery Cove questions

Leeanne

There is no dress code restrictions wearing shorts and a tee-shirt

is acceptable as is wearing swimwear whatever you are comfortable wearing. The wetsuits come in all different sizes so no need to worry on

that front. I don't think you would want to walk about in the wetsuit all day there is ample changing/shower facilities at the park.

We went there 3 years ago and I would throroughly recommend everyone

going at least once to this park the whole day was a lovely experience and definately worth the money. The staff are all very friendly and the food was extremely good but of course the highlight of the day is swimming with the dolphins. I hope you have a lovely/memorable day and a super holiday.

Edited: 6:52 am, January 24, 2013
Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
1,613 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: More Discovery Cove questions

As was said, anything goes as far as what to wear. Just take a coverup if you don't want to go eat or walk around in your swimsuit. I thought the vests were easier to wear but my son and daughter in law liked the wetsuits.

We didn't do the dolphin swim and still thought that it was a great day. The reef snorkeling was great. The grandkids loved being able to get snacks and drinks without having to pay. Will definitely go back again.

Livingston...
Level Contributor
501 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: More Discovery Cove questions

We all choose the vests as these were most convenient.

I believe you get a locker to put stuff in if I remember right? I was about 5 years ago I went. But it would be easy to go change if you don't want to wear your swimsuit all day.

Don't worry about size either. It's America where everything is extra large :P So they have sizes to suit all.

Dorking, United...
Level Contributor
404 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: More Discovery Cove questions

Pick a vest for convienience, would be my choice, you can easily remove it for lounging around and easily pop it back on when needed, from memory, you must wear them when in the dolphin pool and snorkelling around the river part. If you want to cover up whilse walking and dining, pop a t shirt on, we did when we ate. Have a lovely time, money well spent in my opinion.

6. Re: More Discovery Cove questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, January 26, 2014