We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach Club Info - Confused Villas or Resort

WV
9 posts
Save Topic
Beach Club Info - Confused Villas or Resort

I posted last night that we will be coming to WDW in November. We did alot of researching last night. We want to stay at the beach club, but would it be better to stay at the villas or just the resort. We have 3 small kids, there will be a total of 5 of us. Can anyone give me some opinions on what you would do, or what would be a better decision of the two. I know they are together but which would be better with the smaller kids.

WV
9 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach Club Info - Confused Villas or Resort

Also can any tell me about the room types and suites. My husband doesn't want the kids high up on a balcony. But I really want a high up room for the view. I know nothing about how the resort or villas are set up, so I dont know which rooms would be best.

CT
Level Contributor
1,419 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach Club Info - Confused Villas or Resort

I have not stayed at either, but the Beach Club Villas are part of Disney's vacation club. They offer "home away from home" units to owners or vacationers on a cash basis. I believe a one bedroom unit will fit 5 if one is under 3. To see a unit check out: http://dvc.disney.go.com. Click on the 'see other resort" tab, then click on Beach club Villas. These are very popular accomodations. You can also rent "points" directly from a DVC owner for less than booking directly with Disney. Check out www.disboards.com to see a forum about DVC. There are DVC forums where you can post questions about the units, and a forum just about renting points. It can be a bit confusing to rent points, so read the "sticky" threads then post for more questions. I have rented points to stay at Old Key West and loved it. You are actually getting close in time to November (less than 7 months) and Beach Club Villas book up quickly for owners, but some are held aside for cash reservations directly thru Disney.

Florida
Level Contributor
2,919 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach Club Info - Confused Villas or Resort

If there are 5 in your party, you may prefer the Beach Club Resort. You can get rooms with two doubles and a daybed. At the Beach Club Villas, the studios and one bedroom units have one bed and a sofa bed, which would sleep 4. To get more sleeping space, you have to go to the two bedroom, which has a king in the master bedroom and two doubles in the second bedroom.

The Beach Club Resort rooms will have a refrigerator and coffee maker. The studio units at the Beach Club Villas have a microwave as well. If you go with the one or two bedroom units at the Villas, you get a full kitchen with a dishwasher and everything. You also get a washer/dryer in the one and two bedroom units.

IL
Level Contributor
7,205 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach Club Info - Confused Villas or Resort

Hello michele,

I have stayed at both the Beach Club villas and the regular standard rooms and definitely without a doubt go with a one bedroom villa if you can swing the cost as they are approximately 750 square feet whereas the standard room or the studio at the villas are much, much smaller and you would feel cramped with 3 children. For a view choice, request a room with the Epcot firework view!

Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
1,882 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beach Club Info - Confused Villas or Resort

Michele,

When you call the reservations desk, ask about an annual passholder's discount. If the discount is significant, it can be worthwhile for just one of you - your husband or yourself (it has to be someone over 21) to get an annual pass.

We stayed at the Beach Club last year and we rented points from someone on the disboards DVC point rental forum. We didn' t have any trouble and it was less expensive than just going straight through the reservations desk.