We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

places to eat

england
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Topic
places to eat

what are the best places to eat? 2 kids with me... what will i expect to pay for steak or chicken dinner for example...is it best to come out the parks to eat? thanks

Florida
Level Contributor
2,919 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: places to eat

You will find that eating breakfast and supper outside the parks will save you money, for the most part. It's too time consuming to leave the parks at lunch time, but if you're saving a lot on the other two meals, it's not so bad to splurge at lunch. Don't write off table service restaurants as being too expensive for lunch. It can cost you $10 at most of the counter service restaurants, by the time you get a meal and a drink, and you can get a good lunch in a nice restaurant for around $15. Just be sure to look at the menus of the table service restaurants before you make up your mind.

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
41,432 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: places to eat

Just a personal favorite for both chicken and steak of mine is Golden Carroll, where you can get an "all you can eat" buffet of meats, veggies, fruits, salads, and deserts.

The price is around $11/adult and children may be less and there is always coupons in the local coupon books for 10% off the entire bill.

uk
Level Contributor
134 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: places to eat

hi there kev, if you are on Idrive, check out the I-Hop, right opposite quality-inn, where we always stay. the food is exellent, as is there service and staff, they do a great variety of american diner food, steaks, chicken, burgers...... mmmmm..... and those awsome pancakes!!! cant wait to return we were there in jan, goin back in oct for 3 fab weeks..... o yeah..... give pondarosa a miss......yuk!!!! bad food, misrable staff, expensice over cooked drivel...... dennys is also quite good, also chillis, but our fav is definetly the I-hop.

Winter Garden...
Level Contributor
612 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: places to eat

If you are in the parks, I think its rays starlight cafe ( the restaurant is in tommorrowland) has a great rotiserie chicken dinner for about $7.00. Go to allearsnet.com for menus and prices for meals in disney.

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
41,432 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: places to eat

If you're looking for good pizza:

at the Magic Kingdom, go to the Plaza Pavilion;

at MGM Studios, go to Catalina Eddie's or Toy Story Pizza Planet arcade;

at Animal Kingdom, go to Pizzafari.

staffordshire,UK
Level Contributor
899 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: places to eat

The best chain restaurants for evening meals we've found are Bahama Breeze and Olive Garden.

Both have sites at LBV and I-drive.

Costs around the $50 mark for 2 adults and one child.

Good quality budget ones we like are Golden Corral and I-Hop (around the $30 mark).

Greenville, South...
Level Contributor
1,082 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: places to eat

A few thoughts...

If you want a great place to eat, Charley's Steakhouse in Orlando was recently rated one of the Top 10 steakhouses in America!

Apart from that, the "Golden Corral" that someone else mentioned is a nice, modestly-priced buffet. They have a discount for AAA members.

Just down the road from Disney, there are a variety of places to eat. On 192, you'll find a huge choice of fast food restaurants - McDonald's, Burger King, Wendy's, Taco Bell, Chick-Fil-A - as well as a Shoney's, Outback, and several other restaurants, specialty and franchise. On 535 just outside of Downtown Disney there is a McDonald's, an On The Border, Waffle House, Chick-Fil-A, Wendy's, a pizza place (Uno's I think) and several others.

Inside Disney World, the options are nearly unlimited. All the resorts have sit-down restaurants and counter service places. The theme parks have even more. One person above mentioned Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe in Magic Kingdom's Tomorrowland, which has a nice variety of foods.

But you mentioned kids, so I will suggest the following:

Magic Kingdom: Hit the Bakery on Main Street on your way into Magic Kingdom for a sticky bun and other yummy pastries. Lunch at Casey's at the end of Main Street. Their menu is limited, but it includes corn dog bites and fries. For lunch or dinner, hit Pecos Bill Cafe in Adventureland or Pinnochio Village Haus in Fantasyland. Good variety of simple items that you and your kids will like, or try the above mentioned Cosmic Ray's.

Animal Kingdom: Eat breakfast before you go! And hit Pizzafari for lunch. The park will likely close before dinnertime, but if not you could hit Tusker's. These are all counter service places, as there are no sit-down restaurants inside Animal Kingdom, though there is a Rainforest Cafe at the entrance. (There are big plans to improve AK's food options. It's about time.)

*** Be aware that drinks at AK are served without lids or straws, to prevent these items from being thrown or blown into animal areas. If your kids need straws, bring some of your own or be sure to have sippy cups.

Disney MGM Studios: Also not great for kids and eating options, I've found. Stick to the ABC Commissary to sit down in air-conditioned comfort. Other than that, there is a nice little "food court" across from the Beauty and the Beast stage show near Tower of Terror. A good place for burgers, fries, pizza, turkey legs, etc.

Epcot: Splurge! Epcot is to eating what Disney is to family entertainment! The Electric Umbrella is near the front of the park and has good kids meals. You've got the Coral Reef Restaurant in the Living Seas that kids would love, with its view of the fish. Other than that, all the lands in the World Showcase have sit-down and counter service places. Try a bunch. And for an extra treat, hit the pastry shop in France or the shaved ice stand between USA and Japan.

Downtown Disney: A great place for food, but not entirely kid-friendly. McDonald's fits the bill, and it's next to the Lego play area. And Wolfgang Puck Express has some kid-friendly options.

Hope this helps.

england
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: places to eat

thanks a lot guys

Winter Garden...
Level Contributor
612 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: places to eat

neerdowell summed it up there is so much really great restaurants in disney and there resorts. j

The concoarse at the contemporary has a really great steak. The castle has great prime rib ( it is now 2 meal dinner on dining plan). The rose N crown in epcot also has a great steak.

England, United...
Level Contributor
54 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: places to eat

Not sure why everyone keeps bigging up the Golden Coral. Visited the one on Vineland last week (following reviews here)

More than "not-happy".

Thursday night was Mexican Buffet night. What a joke !!. The restaurant was filthy, the food was terrible. Salad bowls not clean, grease everywhere, very poor food ie tomatoes in the salad bowl not cut and with the stalks still in....

Have the people who are plugging the GC eaten there recently ??

$25 dollars down the pan.....