We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

re; marcado and pointe orland being run down, people must...

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
london
Level Contributor
711 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
re; marcado and pointe orland being run down, people must...

hi all,

i think that the reason lthat marcado and pointe orlando is run down is that the people do not buy anything there but instead buy it from the outlets and malls.

it is like everything else they want them to be open but no one shops there anymore, and these places do need people to buy from them for it to be worth there while in opening.

but i fear that pointe orlando will go the same way as the marcado if people dont buy from them and support all the shops there by buying from them otherwise it will be another big white elephant

here today and than gone tomorrow.

pam.

Florida
Level Contributor
2,919 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: re; marcado and pointe orland being run down, people must...

I agree. Mercado didn't start going downhill until Pointe Orlando opened and took most of the business away. Then Festival Bay opened at the north end of I-Drive and took a lot of Pointe Orlando's business away. I'm really looking forward to seeing Pointe Orlando after the renovation is complete. I miss the FAO Schwarz toy store though.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Treasure Island, Orlando
Level Contributor
5,934 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: re; marcado and pointe orland being run down, people must...

i agree pam people complain when it,s not there then don,t go when it is.... i remember 10 years ago the mercado was booming , you couldn't get a parking spot after 11 in the morning .....NOW. you can drive in and park in every bay ...... it,s sad but the passion for NOW NOW NOW in the u.s.a is like a runaway train on a collision course .....they are constantly building bigger and more expensive instead of trying to maintain and preserve .... sorry i must be getting old......the pills are wearing off............

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
890 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: re; marcado and pointe orland being run down, people must...

I was shocked to read this post about Mercado and Pointe Orlando.

Its been about four years since we were in Orlando (we're going again next March) and Pointe Orlando was very busy then. I was never over keen on Mercado and that did look a little run down when we were there last, but Pointe Orlando had some great shops. Of course when one goes it does affect the others.

I suppose we shall see more changes next March.

Tamworth, United...
Level Contributor
241 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: re; marcado and pointe orland being run down, people must...

Anyone know when pointe orlando's renovations will be complete?

I'm out there in september.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
412 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: re; marcado and pointe orland being run down, people must...

hey dudes,

just got back today you can read my earlier post today about mercado,pointe orlando on the other hand is still a building site,there are shops open down the same side as the movie theater .where fao schwartz was is now the capital grille a swanky looking eatery ,where abercrombie and fitch and the other shops were have been demolished no construction yet also the buildiing that had the pac-man i think is also gone.

the new layout will be cool have some photo's will post later.

cheers

haggis

6. Re: re; marcado and pointe orland being run down, people must...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:21 am, August 13, 2009