We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfer from Sanford to I-Drive

Peterlee, England...
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Transfer from Sanford to I-Drive

Hi everyone,

We travel to Orlando in September 13 and are flying into Sanford. We dont have car hire booked as i dont drive and the Mrs doesnt like the idea of driving in a foreign country.

Just wanted to know if anyone has ever used public transport or booked private transfers to/from i-drive from Sanford airport?

Any ideas on how to go about it or approx costs?

Thanks

Special Offer
Kennedy Space Center Day Trip with...
477 reviews
from $54.99*
$59.00
Kennedy Space Center and Everglades...
189 reviews
from $128.99*
Crystal River Manatee Snorkeling and...
131 reviews
from $118.99*
Special Offer
Coca-Cola Orlando Eye, Madame...
14 reviews
from $51.99*
$87.87
UK
Level Contributor
1,164 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transfer from Sanford to I-Drive

Back in 2006 (so AGES ago) our booking included transfers. Have a look at your hotel booking and travel agent and see if you can get it added on (or in fact you may already have it). Normally they just give you a coach (as there will be loads of other people besides yourselves) and, with us, stick on a movie to keep the kids happy. Can't comment on costs unfortunately.

Worksop, United...
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World, Kissimmee
Level Contributor
10,165 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transfer from Sanford to I-Drive

Public transport isn't really a practical option*, so you can pretty much forget about that. Otherwise, car hire, shuttle or taxi services are what's left.

(* the cheapest option involves a 2 mile or so cab ride followed by three bus journeys and a total elapsed time in excess of three hours; if you want details, ask back).

derby
Level Contributor
232 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transfer from Sanford to I-Drive

look at orlando carriers, we used them a few times £45pp return. always pay thro the american side it`s cheaper, good service, we had a mini van. minimal drop offs too.

Peterlee, England...
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Transfer from Sanford to I-Drive

Thanks - looks like shuttle bus then!

Theres only the two of us luckily so shouldnt be too bad!!

coventry
Level Contributor
188 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transfer from Sanford to I-Drive

hi there have a look at holidaytaxis.com cost about £27pp to idrive return

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
472 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transfer from Sanford to I-Drive

Try florida magical tours. www.flmagicaltours.com

Scotland
Level Contributor
111 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Transfer from Sanford to I-Drive

My son travelled from Sanford to I Drive by using one of the local, I think it may have been Mears. Efficient service.

London, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Transfer from Sanford to I-Drive

there is a bus from airport to idrive cant remember how much and i you use the trolley it goes almost everywhere around international drve

9. Re: Transfer from Sanford to I-Drive

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, March 13, 2014