We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

orlando spending money

1 post
1 review
Save Topic
orlando spending money

Hi,

Me and my boyfriend are going to Orlando in April for 2 weeks. Staying at Rosen inn at point Orlando, which does free shuttles to some theme parks!! its self catering but central on international drive!! Will have pre booked our park tickets and won't really be consuming alcohol that much!

Do you think 3000 dollars will be enough? Starting to panic a bit cause I haven't been before!!!

Any information would be great :)

Kelso, United...
Level Contributor
17,604 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: orlando spending money

That will be plenty for 2 weeks you'll be fine

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
39 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: orlando spending money

more than enough :) You will spend around about $100-150 a day max if you dont drink much. i had a couple of beers a night with my meal that was it. We were in that hotel in May and lots of reasonable eating places near by. Millers ale house is a 2 min walk and is great.

Craigavon, N.Ireland
Level Contributor
363 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: orlando spending money

We are heading to the Rosen Inn @ Pointe end of June, I think they only offer free shuttle to Universal that you need to pre-book the day before you want to go? Hope youve a great hol + let us know how you get on. It will be our 1st time with our 2 kids.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,051 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: orlando spending money

we go in aug as well staying same hotel :) i,m planning on taking 3400 en thats 2 adults /2 children - i drive is surposed to be cheaper 4 food than disney parks :)

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
47,127 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: orlando spending money

Better and easier than carrying all that cash is to get some (say $300-500) in cash then use CCs for the rest of your spending which you can pay off as soon as you get home.

6. Re: orlando spending money

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 4:45 am, January 04, 2013
UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
47,127 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: orlando spending money

The RI pointe a very good budget hotel choice, but isn't really Self catering.

With kids, she could be better off with at least a mini kitchen or full kitchen in a suite hotel as there will be seperate living and bedroom. Usually more comfortable for families who are staying for more than a few days. Or even a condo resort such as (but not limited to as there are many) Floridays, or HGVC.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
47,127 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: orlando spending money

My comment above was in reference to the removed post.

9. Re: orlando spending money

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 pm, January 06, 2014