We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Floridays

uk
Level Contributor
196 posts
Save Topic
Floridays

Hello, just wondering is Floridays as lovely as all the reviews say? Just seems to good to be true, no bad reviews!!! Can't decide on staying here or a villa. We stayed in a villa in Davenport last time

Thanks in advance.

London, United...
Level Contributor
81 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Floridays

I am also interested so could you pm me as well.

leicesteshire uk
Level Contributor
123 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Floridays

Have stayed at Floridays a few times.

Not sure why one poster said "It depends on the Condo you're in" because all the condos are the same. Only difference is either 2 or 3 bedrooms otherwise they are all furnished exactly the same.

Maybe they meant the view.........ask for a "water-view" looking over the lakes.

Also, they were a little bit tired but Floridays have just completed a major re-furb with new carpets and decoration. I think the beds are new as well.

We were there in Block F in October and the condo looked lovely.

The staff were great too.......excellent customer service. Nothing is too much trouble.

Va
Level Contributor
10,904 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Floridays

Floridays is a decent resort, but nowhere close to being as the super resort that it bills it self. There are at least 10 other resorts that I would choose before Floridays. The rave reviews seem to come from people that haven't experienced any other resorts similar to this, and this resort really pushes reviews. They really take advantage of Tripadvisor. I would be willing to bet that TA accounts for at least half of their bookings.

uk
Level Contributor
196 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Floridays

Thank you, could I ask what the other resorts are that you would recommend before Floridays. Location doesn't really matter as we will have a car.

Thanks in advance.

lincoln england
Level Contributor
233 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Floridays

I would also like to know what the 10 other resorts are that say you would choose before Floridays and have you stayed at them?

London, United...
Level Contributor
81 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Floridays

Me too. Am looking for somewhere as well.

Va
Level Contributor
10,904 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Floridays

Ok, Ok, sorry for the delay.

In no particular order:

Wyndham Bonnet Creek (booked through an owner)

Any of the Marriott Vacation Resorts

Any of the Hilton Vacation Clubs

Sheraton Vistana Village

Caribe Royale

Alternate lower tier choices would include:

Bluegreen Fountains Resort

Holiday Inn Orange Lake

Point Orlando Resort

Lake Buena Vista Resort

I would also look at Homewood Suites, Residene Inn, and Hawthorne Suites. All of these I feel are a better value than Floridays and have stayed in many of them.

UNITED KINGDOM
Level Contributor
4,128 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Floridays

Thanks for those links. I had a look - for me personally, we wanted:

2-bed apartment (we have older teens)

nice pool (for 'down' days)

to be located within the I-Drive area

to be affordable

Floridays ticks all those boxes.

We liked the look of Homewood but couldn't find a 2-bed (most sell the 1-bed) and booking directly was expensive.

If we were to travel as 2 adults, the choice becomes so much better.

Island of Malta...
Level Contributor
1 post
30 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Floridays

Hi I read your detailed reply which was of great help. It just what I was assuming. Well I would Prefer aging something better in terms of style and quality. It seems you have been a number of times..... Would you kind enought to mention one or two favorites.

Thanks

20. Re: Floridays

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, May 13, 2014