We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Disney Port Orleans

uk
Level Contributor
7 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Disney Port Orleans

Which is the best to stay at,French Quarter or Riverside.

Convenience for buses, pools, dining etc.

Florida
Level Contributor
173 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Disney Port Orleans

We have only stayed in the Riverside section, but we really liked it. We were quit a walk away from the restaurants, but we had a pool right outside our building. I believe they have 5 pools. If you call the hotel, (or email) they will tell you which building is best for what your preferences are. Have a great trip!!

Fleet, United...
Level Contributor
1,888 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Disney Port Orleans

We stayed in the Riverside and loved it , we are a family of 5 so it had to be the riverside, the so called long walk is a pleaseant stroll of about 5 mins that is all and it is shaded and very enjoyable

Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
1,882 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Disney Port Orleans

You can go to www.disneylinks.net and click on #3 Resort Presentations. Then click on the resort on the map - you have to click on the resort (where the line points to) and not the words. It'll bring up pictures of the resorts, which should help you choose.

Riverside is extremely peaceful. It is tranquil and spread out, which is what people either love or hate about it. We stayed in Magnolia Terrace which was close to one of the bus stops and just a short walk to the pool area on Old Man Island. The restaurants were a little more of a walk but we enjoyed it. One of the Alligator Bayou bldgs. (you can check the resort map on the link above) has better access to all three - pool, bus, & restaurants. The room lay-outs are the same but the Alligator Bayou have a more homespun feel. I prefer them but my husband prefers the mansions like Magnolia Terrace.

French Quarter is more compact which can be a plus when you've been walking in parks all day. It is more fun or festive. Both resorts have the boats to Downtown Disney. Riverside has the marina - we rented a kayak ($8 for 1/2 hr.) and had an enjoyable paddle. I'm not sure where the carriage rides are done.

So it just boils down to what appeals to you - tranquility or festivity.

Florida
Level Contributor
2,919 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Disney Port Orleans

I usually stay at French Quarter, because the buses stop there first. So in the morning, when it's busy, you are getting on an empty bus instead of watching a full one go by and in the evening when all you want to do is get back to the room, you are the first drop off. I also like the New Orleans atmosphere of the French Quarter.

Scotland
Level Contributor
175 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Disney Port Orleans

What do you mean when you say the FQ is more festive?. At Xmas or more of the Disney feel?.