We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Virgin Atlantic - 2 day Bahama excusion

Belfast, NI
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Topic
Virgin Atlantic - 2 day Bahama excusion

We are going to Orlando for 2 weeks in July - We are planning to do the 2 day Bahama Excursion with Virgin. Seems cheap at £169.00

Has anyone done this before? Is it worth the money / time??

Any comments would be great, thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Orlando
Orlando
Central Florida, FL
UK
Level Contributor
457 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Virgin Atlantic - 2 day Bahama excusion

Hi Don't think that's cheap at all- a bit of rip off if you ask me.That's just the return flight I take it?

I believe it's also quite expensive out there when you get there and for a 2 day hop skip and jump it could prove to be a very expensive trip all round old chum!

Boston...
Level Contributor
2,894 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Virgin Atlantic - 2 day Bahama excusion

If you give some specifics there's no shortage of opinions here!

essex,england
Level Contributor
427 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Virgin Atlantic - 2 day Bahama excusion

Hi,

I done an excursion with Virgin to the Grande Bahamas in 2004, we first went to Miami to shop then got the plane to Bahamas, we stayed at Crowne Plaza overnight which is lovely,next day you can take a dolphin encounter which is extra then you get the cruise ship back, was not keen on that was very dirty, nice meal inc.

Dont know if this is the same trip but we really had a good time even though it was very tiering.

Hope you have a great time

Mentioned in this post
Bahamas
Bahamas
Caribbean
Belfast, NI
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Virgin Atlantic - 2 day Bahama excusion

Thanks for the replies. I am havent all the details at the minute, but going by the Virgin brochure and their website the £169 is for return flights and accommodation in the hotel. This is a full 2 day excursion from Orlando.

Apart from this + drinks / meals I can't see how it would be much more expensive???

Thanks....

Mentioned in this post
Orlando
Orlando
Central Florida, FL
Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,425 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Virgin Atlantic - 2 day Bahama excusion

I was in the Bahamas in Dec, and stayed at an all inclusive, so I did not have to buy food.

But

eating outside is quite expensive, if you want better places to eat.

If take out is your style then it will not cost as much.

Mentioned in this post
Bahamas
Bahamas
Caribbean