We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Purple Travel

Greater London...
Level Contributor
267 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Purple Travel

Hi you lovely people,has anyone used a company called purple travel to book a orlando holiday?.

Your feedback would be most helpfull

Thanks

Lisburn, United...
Level Contributor
1,641 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Purple Travel

Sorry, never heard of it.

Salisbury, United...
Level Contributor
8,778 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Purple Travel

I believe they are part of Hays Travel. Might be a good idea to check with ABTA and Companies House. Otherwise have no knowledge of them.

East Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
436 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Purple Travel

Hi I've seen loads of really good deals from them but have never used them. I think they were mostly on teletext holidays who seem reputable. Good luck.

2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Purple Travel

We used them to go to the canaries December 2012. Couldn't fault them,price great,customer service very helpful/friendly,although they are just booking agents,flights- monarch,hotel and transfers 2 other companies,still,all went well,I'll be booking with them again for Malta this year.

Uk
Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Purple Travel

I phoned purple travel to get a quote for a holiday for my family, once they give you a quote they keep your number on file so if you the ring back to book they hike the price up!!! then when you go to book they give you a price then add on a lump sum for a "admin fee" the cost then keeps going UP AND UP, if you don"t pay price in full only a deposit they also add more costs saying "the holiday has now gone up" they make out they are giving you a bargain then when you book they add more and more to the total cost, when I complained they would not let me speak to a manager or supervisor and said it was tough and I have to pay it they were extremely RUDE. also when enquiring about holiday they will reel you in saying there is hardly no seats on the plane after I booked i rang airline to book extra legroom seats to be told the plane was nearly empty!!! this company will lie to you to get you to book then rip you off, PLEASE AVOID OTHERWISE YOU WILL BE SORRY

Liverpool, England...
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Purple Travel

I disagree totally. I got a great value holiday in Majorca, last minute. I called up and I know the girl i spoke to stayed after her shift finished to get us a good deal. Everything went smoothly, transfers, flights on time, the hotel was clean and pleasant, and the food was good. I felt they bent over backwards to help us out and would happily book with them again.

1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Purple Travel

Terrible company. Price advertised is nothing like the final price they charge - about £200 per person. When questioned why they just said this is he price we are offering you. Very rude staff on the phone, obstructive to questions, do not let you talk to a manager. Always put on hold for long periods of time. Would never book with this company!!!

Aberdeen, United...
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Purple Travel

I booked a holiday with Purple Travel in June of this year for myself and my partner. I departed at the start of July for a week and had a lovely time. On my return I went to check the bank account I booked the holiday from (it is an account I rarely use) only to discover they had took the payment of £1152 twice! As a result this put me into the red! I phoned the Customer Service department as soon as I got home to get this sorted out. What a carry on! The lady I spoke to was very unhelpful and on the verge of rude, she said that the money had only been taken once and a double payment was not in their system. I was on the phone for over half an hour trying to explain the situation and eventually she agreed to pass everything to the finance team who would "be in touch in due course" when I asked how long she said anything up to about 10 days! At this point I asked to speak to a member of the management team as I was not happy, I was told I could not speak to them! I offered to send in a copy of my bank statement to show the money coming off twice and I was told that they would get the money back to me within 3 days including the bank charges. I was happy enough with that. 2 days later I got a phone call asking for the card details to make the refund which I gave them and was told 3 days for the refund. Surprise Surprise I never got the refund so I had to phone them again! This time I found out that no refund had been processed and the female I spoke to had done it there and then and it would take 5 working days this time! So what else could I do but except. After the 5 working days I did receive the refund (now about 3 weeks since I first contacted them about it!) but no charges were refunded. Back on the phone last week I was told to send proof of the charges by email which I did. Again I was told 5 working days - surprise surprise no refund! I have just called them this morning to explain and thankfully got a women who has been more helpful - apparently no email was received (even though the woman last week said if she didn't receive anything she would phone me!) and I had to resend - I did this whilst she was on the phone and she has sent it on to finance. Apparently she will phone me on Monday with an update once the Finance Supervisor is in to look into it....We will wait and see!!

It has been such a carry on trying to resolve this and have spent a fortune phoning them everytime! My advice would be avoid if you can!!

Wymondham, United...
Level Contributor
405 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Purple Travel

I always find it really strange that new people come on here never having posted before and just post a one off slating companies off, and will probably never ever come back on here again! How can so many "newbies" be searching out posts to reply to? Very suss if you ask me.

In response to the OP, I phoned purple travel when i saw a FL holiday advertised at a really good price, the chap I spoke to on the phone was very helpful, gave me a run down of the total costs, and even emailed me a copy of it so I could check it all out at my leisure, before making any committment.

The only down side for us was that the flight was with Monarch, and for a long haul flight, we didnt fancy being squished into tiny seats for over 9 hours. Wouldnt bother me too much as I am only 5'2" but my partner is a big chap and know he would have been really uncomfortable.

oh and ps....just noticed this is another OLD post dragged up again!!

Edited: 5:15 am, August 17, 2013
London
Level Contributor
4 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Purple Travel

I've just tried to book a single person flight and accomodation to Malta through Purple Travel. In the search I have specified one person and got a price and hotel that I was happy with. Then had to call to confirm the booking. The gent on the phone was extremely helpful and polite. So far, so good. Then at this stage he advised that it was for 2 people. Which I most certainly did not want, this means to me that the web site is incorrect. False Advertising? Not a happy camper.