We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice for first time couple traveling in may 2013

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Advice for first time couple traveling in may 2013

Hi Guys, Me and my fiancée are travelling to Orlando for 14days staying in the coco key hotel on IDrive. We have all are tickets included and discovery cove too. We have not got a car hire as I am 19 and she is 22. Any tips for best places to shop, eat ect. And also how much spending money should we take each?

Cheers in advance

Special Offer
Kennedy Space Center Day Trip with...
477 reviews
from $54.99*
$59.00
Kennedy Space Center and Everglades...
188 reviews
from $128.99*
Crystal River Manatee Snorkeling and...
131 reviews
from $118.99*
Special Offer
Coca-Cola Orlando Eye, Madame...
14 reviews
from $51.99*
$87.87
Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
17,479 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice for first time couple traveling in may 2013

Welcome to the forum!

At this very early stage in your planning, I recommend lots of reading.

http://www.frommers.com/destinations/orlando/

Disney Holiday Planner

http://www.floridathoughts.co.uk/

"The Unofficial Guide To Walt Disney World 2013"

However, there is much more to see & do here than Disney.

London, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice for first time couple traveling in may 2013

Hi!

Me and my boyfriend just returned from Florida. We spent a week in Orlando and then a week in the Keys. Like you we did not hire a car (we did for second week) as we are both 24.

Getting around is easy. We ordered 7 day i-trolley and Lynx bus tickets, which we brought online before we went. These are easy to use, cheap and will save you a lot of money!

We took over £1200 for the two weeks for food and then took about £1000 each for shopping. You can eat a lot cheaper than we did, but in the parks there are not many options, and you will find yourself spending $20+ on lunch at the parks.

Plenty of cheap options to eat at i-drive which you don't need to book. Downtown Disney dining options are pricey, and food we found wad average. We went to Buba Gump at City Walk which I enjoyed, and for my birthday we went to Texas die Brazillia which was great as a nice treat and food is superb.

Take your time reading the forums as there is lots of advice on money and restaurants and it can get quite confusing. But whatever you do, you will have an amazing time. It was our first time, and so long as you go with a plan and a budget that you stick to (easy to get carried away) you will have an amazing time!!!!!

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
1,432 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice for first time couple traveling in may 2013

hi

I would recommend "Brits Guide to Orlando", it gives you a very good overview of the parks and the various different areas.

Specific questions can be answered on this forum.

My top tip is to get to the parks early.

good luck with the planning.

4. Re: Advice for first time couple traveling in may 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:15 pm, December 16, 2013