We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey at IOA.

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
108 posts
84 reviews
Save Topic
Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey at IOA.

Just a word of warning about the new Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey ride at Universal IOA.

I love rollercoasters and most simulators etc, and this new ride is superb, however my wife and my Brother in law felt rather ill after getting off the ride to say the least, and I did not feel on top of the World.

The experience is breathtaking and full marks to Universal on a job well done, however as we were leaving the ride there was a VERY strong smell of vomit, so if you do suffer from motion sickness you may want to think again about this ride, as it made me feel slightly ill and these things tend not to bother me.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
472 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey at IOA.

Thanks for sharing. I guess this ride is not for everyone :/

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,854 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey at IOA.

Good reason to always take a Bonine before you hit the parks, even if you don't think you will get motion sickness. That is one of my favorite rides.

After feeling ill from a teacup ride a few years ago I always take a bonine, haven't felt sick since.

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
15,750 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey at IOA.

I took a bonine pill in the morning (a couple of hours before riding) and thankfully had no problem. I refused to miss out on the ride!!

Derry, United...
Level Contributor
232 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey at IOA.

wot is a bonine pill and how does it work

i so want to go on that ride next year so im on a strict diet as ive heard there are fat police not allowing cubby people on

did you find that still when you were there ?

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
2,505 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey at IOA.

This ride is fantastic.

I felt ill on the Simpsons ride, but the Forbidden journey I was fine, rode it 4 times brilliant.

Will be riding it again in April 2013 bring on the Spiders

ajg

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,854 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey at IOA.

aneka j bonine is non-drowsy dramamine. Its chemical name is Meclizine Hydrochloride 25 mg. I know they sell it in theUK. Dont know about the weight restrictions.

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Quebec, Montreal, Quebec City, Mont Tremblant, Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
11,233 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey at IOA.

There are no weight restrictions but size restrictions. The seats are tight and the harness quite close to the chest so, for example, a lady that is a bit overweight but has a big breast will have problem, same for people with large ''derrière''.

Meclizine Hydrochloride is known as Bonine in the US, Bonamine in Canada but I don't know the name in UK. It is an over the counter drug and beside being non drowsy it is almost without side effects and one pill in the morning is usually enough to clear you of motion sickness for the whole day.

Personally I worked on private yachts for some years and, even if I was not very sensitive to motion sickness but after one bad day experience I then took one every day when the boat was traveling or at anchor as a preventive measure.

Having read that Mission Space at Epcot was making many people uncomfortable if not sick then I decided to extend my use of Bonine to the days when visiting a theme park and it worked beautifully.

As an added precaution or as a non medicated alternatve you can buy an acupuncture bracelet that you just put around your wrist and press on a specific point when needed. There is an electric version avalable too. I also carry one of te basicmdel with me as a booster if I do feel a little dizzy even after taking Bonine o to lent to my companions that have not taken moton sickness medecine when they start to feel under the weather.

Edited: 12:46 pm, November 23, 2012
Boxborough...
Level Contributor
1,890 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey at IOA.

I'm planning on using Bonine on my next trip. Does anyone experience side effects from it?

FWIW: I rode Harry Potter and was very close to being ill.

Derry, United...
Level Contributor
232 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey at IOA.

thats terrible news

im cubby but have massive boobs so thats me not able to ride then :(

dont think il get them down with a diet dammmm

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,854 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey at IOA.

sudlow I have never felt any different at all from taking it.