We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather now? What to take for night time?

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Washington DC...
Level Contributor
120 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Weather now? What to take for night time?

Hello,

I'm stumbling in my packing! I'm not sure what to pack for the family to wear at night time. We are going to the MK Christmas party.

I have the kids in short, tshirts and a light jacket for the day. (Taking pants just in case its chilly.)

What do we pack for when the sun goes down?

Winter coat, with hat and gloves? Fleece with scarf? We are usually pretty cold. Any tips for what to expect this week would be helpful.

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando
Level Contributor
4,080 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather now? What to take for night time?

Weather for the next couple of days will be in the low 70's with the evening temps in the low 60's...you will need a warm sweatshirt and pants for the MVMCP especially if you stay til 10 or later....gloves and a scarf or hat would be good also since it is "snowing" on Main Street!!

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
17,050 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather now? What to take for night time?

into the 50s at night. i don't think it's winter coat weather, but everyone is different. certainly a fleece or something if you'll be out at night. shorts doable if you are out in the day into the night. if back to your room before heading out for the night pants may be more appropriate. this time of year the temp drops quick when the sun goes down.

Vero Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Vero Beach
Level Contributor
8,239 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather now? What to take for night time?

Today, a cloud blanket associated with a big storm far offshore is holding temperatures to about 60. Rest of the week will be mid 70s and much pleasanter.

http://www.srh.noaa.gov/mlb/

I actually used a light fleece jacket this afternoon.

Blackwood, United...
Level Contributor
4,900 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather now? What to take for night time?

Its been cold here today. Hopefully warmer the next few days. I had my cardi on this afternoon. Still had shorts on though...but I am from Scotland !!

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
17,529 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather now? What to take for night time?

We were there last year end of November/beginning of December, it was very chilly, we froze at night. So just be prepared, hopefully it will be warm, but you never know :)

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
120 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather now? What to take for night time?

Okay thanks everyone. I think I will be packing a little of everything including our winter coats. Last thing I want is for the kids to be too cold at night during MVMCP!

UK
Level Contributor
821 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather now? What to take for night time?

It was freezing today at Epcot !

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
120 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather now? What to take for night time?

When you say "freezing" -- what do you mean? LIke really cold (just layers), or really really cold (hat, gloves, long underwear)!

Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
5,806 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Weather now? What to take for night time?

It was 60 degrees today. I mean, I'm now a baby since I live in Florida and have been walking around in jeans, tee shirt, and sweatshirt (inside.) But I think most people in the evening will be fine in a fleece. It'd be a little extreme to bring winter coats.

So chilly: bring layers. If the sun is out, it takes the chill out of the air.

Edited: 8:01 pm, November 19, 2012
newtonhill scotland
Level Contributor
1,750 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Weather now? What to take for night time?

As others have said cloud cover and temps low 70s today . In the pool around lunchtime for an hour then shorts and T shirt ,just back at 8pm from evening meal, played spot the local with the wife.. long trousers and hoodies.. I to like marion are from Scotland so to me this is like our summer.. We also did MVMCP this week and by late evening i wore a light waterproof jacket