We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Orlando, Easter 2013 where to begin?

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lancashire
Level Contributor
62 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Orlando, Easter 2013 where to begin?

Went to Orlando in 1989, now returning with son and girlfriend (22 year olds) in March/April 2013. Where on earth do we begin, feel lost!

Would like to rent a villa for 2 weeks and spend majority of time in theme parks.

Please don't think I want others to do the work, would like some websites or general info and take it from there.

Thank you.

pa
Level Contributor
53,812 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Orlando, Easter 2013 where to begin?

First, take a deep Breath, you can get it all sorted out

Decide which Parks you want to visit, budget concerns if any could play a role here, Park Tickets can be pricey but keep in mind, the more days you all play, the less it will cost per day

Theme Park Info

www.wdwinfo.com is a great source for Disney Parks and Universal Parks info

Tickets, if buying separate from a Package Deal

www.undercovertourist.com

I have experience and lots of info to share if interested in a Disney Resort Villa, off site Villa info I will hand off to others that go that route

There is a very nice offer for UK residents, for Disney Resorts and Villas, see what you think of the Free Dining or the Room Discount promotions, both are very good deals

…disneyinternational.com/Special-Offers.asp…

Easter time is a very busy time but a very beautiful time to visit :)

Lancashire
Level Contributor
62 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Orlando, Easter 2013 where to begin?

Many thanks, will check out the info. Unfortunately, I'm stuck to school hols, so thought Easter would be better than summer.

pa
Level Contributor
53,812 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Orlando, Easter 2013 where to begin?

Between the two, yes, Easter will be better :)

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
19 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Orlando, Easter 2013 where to begin?

We visited Orlando in September last year and stayed in a place called Windsor Hills which I took a punt on and it turned out fantastic. I found it on Flip key. It was rented through Palm Tree Vacation Homes, and owned by a couple called Diane and Jerry. I have to admit I was more than a little nervous booking accommodation this way direct from the owner, but we saved a ton of money. We rented a three bedroom condo for 2 weeks it only cost us around $1200 to $1300 and we add to that a couple of days for the apartment to be cleaned which cost us $60 a time, I figured Im on holidays so we will pay to have the clean done. I have to say it was a thorough clean. Not sure what the prices are like for the time of year you are travelling, but prices will be up across the board, so its all relative.

The condos are very roomy, I believe this couple also has 2 bedroom condos, but it was so inexpensive, we figured we would get the 3 bed to let our kids have their own space. There is a king size bed in the main, a queen in the second bedroom 2 singles in the third and even a fold out sofa, They have a full kitchen, washer dryer, 2 bathrooms. Play station Free Wiifii, tvs with cable in every bedroom. Air con. You want for nothing( and believe me we are very fussy)The room was very Disney themed, it has A Lot of toys, we travelledwith2 kids and our youngest was in heaven, but to be honnest, I thought it was a bit over the top. The couple even left a gift of a teddy bear for my daughter which was a lovely touch. The resort is gated and has security 24/7 on the gate. The pool area is beautiful with a water slide for the kids, a games room which we didnt use, a movie theatre, a small shop, By the end of this holiday my husband wanted to buy a condo and live there! We actually met an English couple that had done just that. lucky buggers. Have to say this place is very well maintained.

You could not get closer to Disney, literally 5 minutes down the road, you will obviously need to hire a car if you stay here though. Every thing was super close. 10 or15 minutes to Sea word Universal etc. The Windsor Hills team put a folder together with easy to follow instruction on how to get around. Can not praise both the accommodation and its location more highly. There is a publix supermarket 2 minutes down the road( you have to try their naked fried chicken wings we are still craving them) They have a bakery at publix and the only

edible bread we could find. There is also a super target 5 minutes in the other direction, loads of places to eat, can recommend IHOP and Make sure you try Flippers for the best Pizza.

As far as Disney is concerned get a copy of the Unoffical guide to Disney sort yourself out a plan of attack in their touring guides, they save us loads of waiting time. Have a look at a site called Mousesavers for loads of discounts on tickets, we saved a bomb on Universal tickets ( they are all legit, believe me I am the biggest worrier and we did not have a single hitch) Best theme Park for us was Islands of Adventure, we spent longer ar this park than any other.Last recomendation is to splurge on Discovery Cove, the absolute highlight of our trip, and after the punishing days running from ride to ride in Disney, it was so relaxing, you get fed all day drinks an alchol included, float around in the reef swim with the tropical fish, pay a bit extra for a dolphin swim, but all worth it. The ticket also included entry into some other parks. We chose Seaworld ( to see the killer whale show - amazing). and Aquarica ( give this one a miss, the dodgy fake Aussie theme was so irritating and it didnt look that clean.) I think you can also choose to Bush Garden, but I cant remember the other choices.

It is an exhausting, but fun holiday, shopping is fantastic, we loved the outlets and Mall of Millenia, if you go ther try Johnnies the 1950's style dinner in the food court, they have great Burgers and my kids recommend their milkshakes. You will have the best time! Happy travelling

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
1,410 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Orlando, Easter 2013 where to begin?

www.vrbo.com is a great site for renting direct from an owner as well. Tons of choices!

www.allears.net has a ton of info.

You should also considering buying the book, The Unofficial Guide to Disney World. Awesome book and tons of info.

Ocala, Florida
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Orlando, Easter 2013 where to begin?

the week before easter is THE SECOND busiest of the year with the week after also in the top 6.GET TO EACH PARK AT ROPE DROP.which should be 8am unless there is moring emh(7am then)or it's epcot or hs 9am then.so be ready for huge crowds use fastpass has much as you can and be aware inn the afternoon even rides that do not have fastpass(haunte manison,small world,nemo,pirates etc.)can have waits of more than an hour and the people mover which is normally a walk on can have a wait time between 20-50 min.those wait times will strat around 10am-11am and last until around 9 pm.use easywdw for best parks and hous.it 's the most accurate and it's FREE!

Ocala, Florida
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Orlando, Easter 2013 where to begin?

the only reason easter might be better is the crowds around easter only last a couple of weeks whereas during some they last 3 months.also summer is very hot and rainy.the one downside is if you go in the summer you will be dealing with crowds of 7's and 8's out of ten with the time between march 24-31(easter) crowds will be 10 out of 10 everyday with april 1-6 9 out of 10 everyday. you will see long waits for everything(you may even encounter phased clousures and wait of over 3 hours at some rides.so be prepared for major crowds also if you have the money and an extra day from disney add in seaworld it's amazing,it takes a full day,and there's plenty for everyone to do.also out of the 7 orlando theme parks(4 disney,2 universal,and seaworld)seaworld is normally the least crowd you will still need to get to each show 30-50 min. early to ensure you get a seat but you will find walking a seaworld will be a lot quick and not as crowded as the other parks esp. disney.

pa
Level Contributor
53,812 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Orlando, Easter 2013 where to begin?

Since this post is 3 months old, I am wondering what Gina decided

If you still need help Gina, post again :)

Lancashire
Level Contributor
62 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Orlando, Easter 2013 where to begin?

Wow, thank you all for the amazing info! Due to work commitments, we have had to book for August, which I know isn't ideal, but we do have more planning time. Flights are booked, doing lots of research on villas, car rental and tickets etc. Have also bought the 'Brit Guide to Orlando' which is really informative. Thanks all.

10. Re: Orlando, Easter 2013 where to begin?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, February 10, 2014