We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Universal and Hard Rock Hotel

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Edinburgh
Level Contributor
234 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Universal and Hard Rock Hotel

We're travelling from the UK to Orlando in October 2013.

We've been once before and only did Disney as the kids we're younger. This time we're also going to do Universal/IOA and stay at the Hard Rock Hotel for 4 nights to get the priority pass ticket. In people's opinion and experience what is the cheapest way to a) Book the Hard Rock Hotel and b) Book Universal/IOA tickets.

many thanks in advance

mashoo94

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
3,399 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Universal and Hard Rock Hotel

I've stayed a number of times at HRH and find that booking direct through Universal site normally works out the cheapest. I normally book my park tickets on the Universal website as well. You probably won't need 4 days to do the two parks in October but HRH is a nice hotel any way but if you want to save a bit then you could move on earlier to your next location.

pa
Level Contributor
53,812 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Universal and Hard Rock Hotel

I agree, booking direct. The have Specials for 2013 listed right now. HRH starts at about $300 a night, I wouldn't be staying 4 nights either, 2 days is plenty to get round both Parks. ( If you stay 1 night, you get all the Perks for check in day and check out day ) Not sure I would spend the $300 a night to begin with, wont really need the Express Pass for October, it is a pretty good low crowd time of the year, nice :)

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
234 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Universal and Hard Rock Hotel

Thanks Lassie/Partypa.

Really good to hear that October is a good time of year for Universal. Booking direct looks the way to go so I'll get checking now and see what offers they have. I guess we can always do a pool/rest day if we finish the parks.

Thanks again

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
17,296 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Universal and Hard Rock Hotel

We stayed at Portofino 6 nights in September. It was nice and quiet but still glad we had the built in express pass and we went into the parks at some point all six days. So stay the 4 nights, enjoy!! All those hotels have great pool areas, so yes take advantage of that (pool hopping is also allowed there if you feel up to it).

South Staffs UK
Level Contributor
79 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Universal and Hard Rock Hotel

I booked for aug2013. With last minute and they had a 10% code plus booked through quidco got another 7% off so 2nights came to £300.00 which I thought was ok.

Bangor, United...
Level Contributor
251 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Universal and Hard Rock Hotel

I got 4 nights for £530 for august 2013 with vivastay (through trivago.com) - worked out much cheaper than booking direct.

Waterford, Ireland
Level Contributor
461 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Universal and Hard Rock Hotel

Also have a look at Travel Republic & Alpharooms and similar. We got 5 nights at RPR in June with Alpharooms for approx €200 cheaper than it would have been direct with Universal. Our room request was still honored (I was doubtful as booking through a third party).

It's worth shopping around to get a good price.

ireland
Level Contributor
287 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Universal and Hard Rock Hotel

I have just done a quick comparison between alpharooms and booking direct....we are planning a 2 night stay in the Royal Pacific in the middle of June 2013, Alpharooms comes out at 614 Euros for the 2 nights and booking direct with Universal is $578 (assume you need to add tax at 10% = $57) = $635 which is approx 500 Euros. Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but the reason we like to book direct is that the cancellation policies are better than if you use the likes of Alpharooms ? Maths was never my strong point, but by my reckoning its cheaper to book direct ?

Edited: 7:12 am, November 18, 2012
Edinburgh
Level Contributor
234 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Universal and Hard Rock Hotel

Nice one ... Looks like I'll shop around a bit to get the best deal. Thanks for the prices.. Really helpful to know what other people are looking at. Really looking forward to going to Universal for the first time... Just seen the new transformers ride will be open!! Roll on Oct!!

10. Re: Universal and Hard Rock Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:15 pm, December 16, 2013