We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Saratoga Springs Vs Epcot Resort Hotels

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
brighton, england
Level Contributor
488 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Saratoga Springs Vs Epcot Resort Hotels

Hi

Ive convinced DH to another WDW holiday next August. We stayed off site last time and both agree that we want to stay onsite this time - Free dining is on for the UK and we really missed all the little "perks" onsite guests get.

Anyway, we both love the Epcot resorts hotels. We like being able to walk to Epcot and really fancy the Yacht & Beach club especially with their amazing pool complex. We have 2 kids (6&4) who would also love to stay there.

Obviously this is a pricey option and it means being in one hotel room for 10-14 days.

Another option is to stay at Saratoga Springs, and for roughly the same price we would be able to get a 1 or possibly even a 2 bed villa, complete with kitchen and a washer/dryer (sad I know, but I really like having easy access to this on holiday and not having huge piles of dirty clothes everywhere). I know you can walk to DTD from SS but we are not that bothered by this and whilst I think the resort is nice Im not exactly excited by it in the same way as the Y&B Club.

My heart chooses the Y&B but my head is telling me Im an idiot and that we should go to SS and get more space etc.

Would you chose more space and facilities over location and an amazing pool?

Has anyone stayed at both sites and if so, where would you chose?

Am I underselling Saratoga Springs?

england
Level Contributor
4,901 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Saratoga Springs Vs Epcot Resort Hotels

Haven't stayed at beach club but ss is wonderful. Its true you can't walk to any of the parks but that didn't bother us at all. It was lovely having the room to spread and the washer/dryer is wonderful when travel ling with kids

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,754 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Saratoga Springs Vs Epcot Resort Hotels

For me it would be a no brainer, even if I could only afford a studio at SSR that's where I would stay, so if you can stretch to a 2 bed there's no contest ,for me anyway. I love SSR and would pick there over any other resort at Disney. the pools at SSR are some of the best at WDW, no sharing of buses, unlike YC. Being close to EPCOT is nice but not nice enough for me to choose the YC.

We also always have a car and don't like the distance of the rooms at the Boardwalk hotels to the car parks.

But having said all that it sounds as though you have already made up your mind, so have a fab time wherever you choose to stay.

Edited: 10:53 am, November 13, 2012
Elk Grove Village...
Level Contributor
1,235 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Saratoga Springs Vs Epcot Resort Hotels

This is a closer call to me than to USLovers. We have stayed at Saratoga Springs on a number of occasions, and really like it. In fact, we're staying there again starting on Saturday of this week. That said, at SSR, you have to take a bus everywhere. You have no control over how long it takes to get anywhere. At YC, you can walk to half of the parks, and if you have park hopper tickets like we always do, you can walk/monorail to Magic Kingdom in a pinch. Now, I would probably still choose the extra space at SSR, but it's a close call.

brighton, england
Level Contributor
488 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Saratoga Springs Vs Epcot Resort Hotels

Thanks guys for the opinions and advice.

Gleece - if we stay at SS we would definitely get a car for this very reason. Disney buses drive me crazy. I could probably just about put up with them for YC though if I only had to use them to get to Animal Kingdom.

USL - why do you think you love SS so much? It looks like a lovely resort but so do all of the moderate and deluxe disney resorts. Is it because its a DVC property? Do you think that makes it just a bit better? Its always struck me as being so massive and spread out. Can you recommend any good "fan sites" for SS? I feel I should consider it more (esp as its sooo much cheaper) but have yet to get that disney-tingle that I get about some of the other disney resorts.

pa
Level Contributor
53,718 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Saratoga Springs Vs Epcot Resort Hotels

Here's a bit of info about SSR

www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2466719

In the Epcot area, I would highly Recomend the Boardwalk Inn and Villas, if those are included ( like it better than the Y & B Clubs. The Pool is great but a bit of work keeping track of little ones, not very relaxing ) Love the atmosphere at the Boardwalk

www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2861186

Of course my Heart belongs to the Wilderness Lodge and Villas so I shall throw that out there as well. Love the boat ride over to the Magic Kingdom, among a million other things ;-)

www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2778033

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,754 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Saratoga Springs Vs Epcot Resort Hotels

sophe, we love DTD and love being able to stroll over there. We found it easier getting to the parks & other resorts from SSR than from WL or the Boardwalk area. From the YC to MK you can walk through EPCOT to the monorail but it's a hell of a walk and not really very convenient, you wouldn't be able to get to MK early by doing it this way so you would have to get the bus, yes you can walk to EPCOT & at a push DHS but it would be the bus to MK & AK. From the YC the bus calls at the BC then the BW then on to the parks.

SSR is our home resort with DVC, having the extra space and washer/dryer is great for us. We don't spend hours & hours in the parks so having a beautiful & spacious resort to stay in is important. Whenever we have stayed at the BW, AKL etc we have always had a massive walk to our rooms from the lobby or car park, at SSR it's always a short walk from the bus stop or car. SSR is huge but built in a way that at the most is an 8 minute walk to the centre, so very easy to get around, IMO.

Everyone has different favourites, pp's is Wilderness Lodge, which we tried last month, it's lovely but too much of a hassle to get to anywhere for us, I couldn't wait to get back to SSR.

Personally I agree with pp regarding the pool at the YC, with kids of your ages you won't be able to relax, the pool area is big and not great for little ones, IMO.

Somerset, NJ
Level Contributor
90 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Saratoga Springs Vs Epcot Resort Hotels

I would look into Boardwalk Inn and Villas like partypa said. They are a DVC property and will provide you the extra room, washer/dryer etc...and you can walk to Epcot and DHS. Best of both worlds!!

Fredrikstad, Norway
Level Contributor
539 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Saratoga Springs Vs Epcot Resort Hotels

We own at BLT and has lost our heart to this resort, but have stayee at SSR and do agree with USlover that the resort has a pretty smart layout, it is large but there is never a really long walk anywhere. And with a car no problem at all. We used the boat down to DTD every night, a very nice added bonus to be so close.

On a side note, I do not think you will get a 1 bed or a 2 bed at Boardwalk villas for the same price as SSR, or a room at the Yacht Club.

And 2 weeks in a single room are doable, but.... with the option to stay in a 2 bed, that is a no brainer. We stayed 2 weeks at the Polynesian in 2010, it was great, but after having stayed at a DVC villa we can never go back to a one room hotel again.

To us the Yacht Club reminded us a lot of Newport Bay Club at DLP. (minus the pool at YC/BC). Large hotel lovely theme, close to park, but still limited space as in any hotel room.

brighton, england
Level Contributor
488 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Saratoga Springs Vs Epcot Resort Hotels

Thanks guys!

PartyPa - I've been looking for the SSR thread on Disboards and couldnt see it (recently at least) so thank you for the links.

USL - I have to say Ive been won over and we have now booked for 8 nights at SSR next August!!!!! Ive promised hubby that we will do something other than Disney for once so will spend a couple of days in New York before flying down to Orlando. Hows that for a compromise! He he! :-))

One day, I will win the lottery and stay at Y&BC in a suite or over at Boardwalk but for now SSR seems the sensible option. We really started to get excited by it and I think the points about loosing the kids in the pool at Y&BC are valid ones and I love the look of the little kiddies water area at SSR.

Im so excited! I literally dreamt all night about SSR last night!

Thank you!!

xx

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,754 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Saratoga Springs Vs Epcot Resort Hotels

sophe you won't be disappointed, I'm sure. Have a blast :)