We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hilton Bonnet Creek/waldorf Astoria

Frisco, Texas
Level Contributor
496 posts
Save Topic
Hilton Bonnet Creek/waldorf Astoria

Any thoughts on the differences? We are currently booked at the WA but seriously thinking of switching to the Hilton BC. Want a nice upscale place but with being gone all day at the parks, I'm starting to question if the WA is worth the extra $$?

Also does anyone know what type of coffee pots these 2 reports have? Keurig or regular drip? Thanks!

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
41,092 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hilton Bonnet Creek/waldorf Astoria

Can anyone compare these two in features?

I would guess since Keurig machines are so expensive, both have the regular drip coffee makers.

HBC will be closer and quicker to the Disney parks than WA, if that helps at all.

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
17,375 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hilton Bonnet Creek/waldorf Astoria

They are neighboring so the distance actually inconsequential, and, if you take their bus, it is shared. For example, HBC at 8, Waldorf at 8:05, and then to the destination.

We stayed at the HBC for a night right after they opened. I looked at an old picture and zoomed it a bazillion times. Looks like a Cuisinart machine. Not a Keurig, but appears it was a single serve drip the type you slide in a tray and brew right into your cup.

One distinction is that you have self parking available at the HBC. Waldorf is valet only. They are both very nice. If you have kids, then HBC probably more appropriate and with the lazy river pool and slide.

Canada
Level Contributor
100 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hilton Bonnet Creek/waldorf Astoria

All Hilton rooms have a Cuisinart machine that use 'pods' They look like big round tea bags and are 100% biodegradable. You ought to be able to find some on line.

WA is awesome, but Bonnet Creek has that pool! I guess it bowls down to a style choice. One thing though, if you are a HHonors elite, the WA is said to almost always upgrade diamonds to a suite.

Canada
Level Contributor
100 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hilton Bonnet Creek/waldorf Astoria

"Bowls?" Smartphone my butt!

*Boils*

Frisco, Texas
Level Contributor
496 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hilton Bonnet Creek/waldorf Astoria

We decided to stay at the Waldorf, we are here right now :) we are in a 1 bedroom suite. It is an espresso machine... Over thetop nice, very impressed. Service and friendliness of staff is top notch. Highly recommend the WA!

6. Re: Hilton Bonnet Creek/waldorf Astoria

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, November 23, 2013