We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

US Airways

England
Level Contributor
739 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
US Airways

Can anyone tell me if they have flew direct from the UK to Orlando with US Airways recently please. If so can you let me know your experiences

Special Offer
Kennedy Space Center Day Trip with...
471 reviews
from $54.99*
$59.00
Special Offer
3-Attraction Ticket: The Coca-Cola...
14 reviews
from $49.99*
$87.87
Kennedy Space Center and Everglades...
187 reviews
from $128.99*
Kennedy Space Center Ultimate...
77 reviews
from $168.99*
Colorado
Level Contributor
3,977 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: US Airways

Not sure that US Air does "direct" since in most cases they go either thou Philly or thru Charlotte. I could be mistaken.

Isle of Wight...
Level Contributor
398 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: US Airways

Hi we flew with us airways in August this year although advertised as direct we changed at Charlotte (we hd worked out it was indirect) was a really good flight good films meal ok and non alcoholic drinks a plenty! Anything u want to know just ask! :)

Iowa
Level Contributor
10,218 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: US Airways

A direct flight does not mean non-stop.

A direct flight in the aviation industry is any flight between two points by an airline with no change in flight numbers, which may include a stop over at an intermediate point.[1] The stop over may either be to get new passengers (or allow some to disembark) or a mere technical stop over (i.e. for refuelling purposes only). These are often confused with non-stop flights, which are flights involving no intermediate stops

Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
11,965 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: US Airways

US Airways from Manchester is indirect via Philadelphia...... I think the London flights go via Charlotte....

We have done this route over a dozen times now with no problems....

We quite like the break in Philly..... Clear immigration, get something to eat, stretch your legs...... It's about a 2 hour flight down to MCO from there..

It's definitely one of the better airports to be at.......

Once clearing customs on arrival, it's only a short (ish) walk, (via security) to the gate's for the flight to MCO.......

Will continue to use it as long as the price is right.......

England
Level Contributor
739 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: US Airways

Thanks. Is the plane ok inside and I believed there are back seat TV's is this correct

Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
11,965 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: US Airways

Planes Airbus A330..... Seat back screens, with good IFE system.. The flight from MAN to Philly is about 7 hours.....

Some (I think the 200's) have had new interior......

On our last 4 flights that's what we've had.....

Seemed like slightly more room..:-):-) Which was a bonus.......

The seat layout in coach is 2-4-2.... Which we prefer to 3-3-3 or 3-4-3 of other aircraft.....

Depending on the layover time, we've had flights down to MCO on B737, B767, A320 & A321 aircraft which apart from the B767 were 3-3 seat rows....

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: US Airways

We've been with US airways a few times, changing at both Phili & Charlotte, much prefer the Charlotte stopover. Never had a problem with them, if the price is right we would use them again.

Folkestone, United...
Level Contributor
156 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: US Airways

Flew LGW - CLT - JAX last year return with US Airways. Very good experience!

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
2,667 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: US Airways

All the US Airways A330's have the new cabin fitted. Flat beds in Envoy class, leather seats with seat back monitors in Economy (coach)

Ireland
Level Contributor
359 posts
282 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: US Airways

Just back from Orlando and flew wid US airways from Dublin to Orlando via Philly. No problems and I would definitely use them again if the price was right!