We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buying custom Theme park tickets

Hyde, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
29 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Buying custom Theme park tickets

Hi everyone,

Me and my girlfriend have just booked a 10 night stay in Orlando. We have planned which theme parks we would like to see, although I'm struggling to find the cheapest ticket combination for all we want to do.

We imagine we will have 8 full days free to do theme parks etc.

We have tried to plan which theme park’s we would prefer to visit, planning a full day in each unless otherwise mentioned:

-Disney Magical Kingdom

-Disney Epcot

-Disney Hollywood Studios

-Seaworld

-Universal Orlandio Resort

-Island of Adventure (possibly for two days)

-and a water park (either Wet 'n' Wild, or Aquatica)

It seems that almost all retailers sell Disney tickets separately?

They also have a minimum of 7 days for most tickets it seems, especially Disney tickets.

I'm trying to find out if it would be cheaper to buy 3 single day tickets for Disney and then perhaps some sort of 5 day flexi ticket for the rest? Or if anyone can guide me to any combined offers or tickets that include all the parks we want to visit (even if it’s a 14 day ticket, as long as it includes all the ones we plan to visit).

Just whichever offer is cheapest really, if anyone can help me find which tickets would be most suitable for our situation.

Many thanks for your help everyone

Rob

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando
Level Contributor
4,122 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Buying custom Theme park tickets

You will need to purchase separate Disney tickets as they do not partner with the other major theme parks. A three day base is $257.73 per person including tax and will allow you to visit one Disney park each day. This ticket is not discounted and can be purchased directly at the ticket counter, you are saving a few pennies buying a 3 day opposed to 3 single day tickets which are $94.79 including tax. The Orlando Flex ticket will cover the remaining theme parks, my suggest would be to have a look at purchasing Universal/Wet N Wild and Sea World/Aquatica separately and see which one works out cheaper. Either way you still will get multi day visits.

Edited: 9:56 am, November 05, 2012
Denmark
Level Contributor
12,304 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Buying custom Theme park tickets

www.undercovertourist.com I would buy at least 5 days

there You will find the others aswell or You can go into www.universalorlando.com and see if there is a special deal

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
17,342 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Buying custom Theme park tickets

They are separate companies, so, understandably, separate tickets. Universal and SeaWorld parks do partner through the Flex Ticket which is the only official combination ticket available between companies. You can find combo tickets within a company, for example, SeaWorld together with Aquatica, but any other company to company combo other than the Flex is a product of the travel site you are looking at packaging separate tickets for you and selling them for one price. I suggest your own package of separate tickets. While Disney tickets come in 5, 7, 14, and 21 day tickets in the UK, they can be purchased in any increment from 1 to 10 days, with or without options, in the USA. You can buy these too. A 3 day ticket is $242 plus tax. It's notable that a 4 day ticket is only $14 more and there are 4 parks. You can also add the Water Park Fun & More option for $57. If you buy a 3 day ticket you can go 3 times, a 4 day ticket = 4 times (there are 2 water parks to choose from). You might like this option better than Aquatica or Wet N Wild. For Universal, the 2 or 3 park (with Wet N Wild) Bonus tickets are pretty good value. SeaWorld you can buy just a one day ticket. Or in combo with Aquatica. There really are numerous ways to do it. You should probably work out which water park(s) you want to help narrow the possibilities.

As it stands, I would probably do a 3 day Magic Your Way Disney ticket, 2 park Universal Bonus ticket, and a SeaWorld/Aquatica combo ticket.

I'd be encouraging of a 4 day Magic Your Way Disney ticket with Water Park Fun & More option, a 2 park Universal Bonus Ticket, and a single day SeaWorld ticket which makes the effort to see all 4 Disney parks and chooses Disney water parks over Wet N Wild and Aquatica, which, to me, are better themed and more fun (but that's highly subjective and a topic you can search in the box. Also, transportation would be a consideration. Aquatica and Wet N Wild easy to reach from I-Drive if you are staying without a car).

Edited: 10:14 am, November 05, 2012
Hyde, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
29 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Buying custom Theme park tickets

I was planning to hire a car while in Orlando so I figured it makes transport to all the parks easier. Although that was when we were under the impression cark parking would be free. A bit more research this afternoon might lead me to change my mind!

With regards to water parks, we were really looking at Aquatica or Wet 'n' Wild. We thought the thrill tides in these excelled over the look of the Disney rides so we would prefer to visit one of these as our water park day.

I was not aware you could buy shorter duration tickets, so that's helpful. It's a shame they're not available in the UK though. I don't really want to leave buying the tickets until arrival.

I had found this offer which I thought was ideal, I just thought I'd see if anyone knew of a cheaper alternative.

LINK: park-tickets.com/disney-parks/bonus-package-…

My other question is regarding FastTrack passes to queue jump onto rides. I don't really want to spend my whole day queueing, therefore are these just purchased in park? Or are there offers for these online too?

Kelso, United...
Level Contributor
17,797 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Buying custom Theme park tickets

Disney fast passes are free included in your ticket price

What do you mean when you say shorter duration tickets aren't available in the UK - have a look at the under cover tourist website

I would recommend W&W for your water park it is more geared towards adults than the Disney ones

Monroe, Louisiana
Level Contributor
203 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Buying custom Theme park tickets

I would purchase a multi-day ticket with park hopper option. The more days the cheaper per day. You can go to multiple parks any day. You can purchase it with water park options or not. You design your on package. Fast pass is included and works great. Yes--they do charge to park. 5-6 days at least to cover Disney

If you are staying inside Disney then free transportation. Much cheaper to stay outside and drive. Car rentals relatively cheap in Orlando.

Don't know when you are going. After the holidays you will almost have the parks to yourselves.

Universal--separate. And at least 2 days

7. Re: Buying custom Theme park tickets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, November 12, 2013