We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip report part 7

newcastle
Level Contributor
3,025 posts
72 reviews
Save Topic
Trip report part 7

Monday 22nd Ocotber (day 11)

We were all very tired this morning so fairly easy morning and headed to OHanas for breakfast for 10.55. Waited about 10minutes and had photos taken (again included in photopass+). Got our table and bread brought straight away which was amazing. In fact all the food was fabulous, as much as we wanted and brought to the table so we didn't have to queue - my type of buffet. I could easily eat it now just thinking about it. Characters were great and kids thought it hilarious as stich told me off for taking the book off him to find the right page for signature. DS had great fun taking part in the parade following mickey. Will definitely return even if not on DDP.

We returned and went to both the quiet and noisy pool for some relax and to go on the water slides.

Then got dressed and got boat across to HS about 4pm as we had mama melrose booked for 4.30 as part of the DDP. When we got there got FP for RnR and then went to restaurant. As part of the fantasmic package you could choose 3 courses out of the regular menu so really good value on the DDP. I didn't expect much from the food due to mixed reviews but it was actually very good and we all enjoyed it very much.

As soon as we left kids spotted phineas and ferb so we spent about 20mins queueing to see them but it was a highlight for DS. We then went and got a spot for fantasmic, probably a bit earlier than needed to but it meant we were right towards the middle of the section so best view we've had. DS and DH went and did RnR and got some FP's for ToT. I then headed off to get candy floss and some drinks (the queues at the back were enormous but headed as though going out of fantasmic towards toilets and there was a little stall there with no queue so check that out)

Fantasmic as always was great, I love it. Left straight away and did ToT. DD decided she didn't want to do it in the dark so between FP and rider switch DS got to ride it 4 times.

I bought 15 boxes of chocolates while waiting from the ToT shop and still had 21 snack credits left.

We then walked back to hotel and lovely walk when not too hot and we beat the boat back.

All in all a fab day.

will try and get another part done later today, not much more to go now.

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,229 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip report part 7

Sounds like a good day. We were at HS the day before and did ToT a couple of times...love it!

We didn't get to do Aerosmith..wanted to try it out as never done it, but at the times we were there no FP and huge wait times!! Next time... ;0)

Glad your DS enjoyed seeing Phineas and Ferb!

:0)

newcastle
Level Contributor
3,025 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip report part 7

Are you home Kooky? I still can't shake the down feeling of being back. Hope you're not feeling so bad.

Manchester N.H.
Level Contributor
12,137 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip report part 7

What a great report,JB! I enjoyed reading and "stalking" you around the parks..LOL! It's so much fun to stay in the Beach Club,and be so close to Epcot and DHS.

Gotta love that pineapple bread at Ohanas. It does me in,and can never eat much else.Still worth it for the characters..soo funny!

newcastle
Level Contributor
3,025 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip report part 7

I managed to eat quite a bit more moose which is probably where my extra half a stone has come from!

Drogheda, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,683 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip report part 7

I'm with moose, I am loving stalking you around the parks. We love HS and Fantasmic. Great day :-D

A x

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,229 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip report part 7

Hi Jo, yes we're back. Got home yesterday.

You're right it is really depressing. I felt so sad on the journey to the airport.

Are you planning on going back anytime soon?

:0)

7. Re: Trip report part 7

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 am, November 14, 2013