We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

When To Go In 2013

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Gateshead, Tyne...
Level Contributor
88 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
When To Go In 2013

Myself and my partner have decided this week that we will be going to back to Florida next year woohoo!!

We were initially planning on going in February but now I see that there are new rides coming in the summer i.e Transformers!

I can't wait to go, so I'm not sure if it is worth delaying for just one ride or if there is more rides planned?

We can go anytime really, so not sure if it best to delay til the summer, I would hate to miss out on things!

I would really appreciate it if anyone could tell me what is planned for next year.

Thanks in advance :)

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
39,084 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: When To Go In 2013

Are you restricted on your dates to certain times of the year?

I prefer either early May or late October/early November for weather. Crowds are moderate, but not packed in at those times as well.

September was really much more crowded than normal at Disney this year, so the heat and humidity wasn't worth enduring for those large crowds.

Gateshead, Tyne...
Level Contributor
88 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: When To Go In 2013

Thanks for your response :)

I'm able to go any month after June really, though I would try and avoid the summer peak months. We went in September 2011 and the crowds weren't bad but the weather was very humid and it rained nearly every day.

Is the weather better in October/November than it is in September?

Thanks

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
39,084 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: When To Go In 2013

Yes, the weather is less rainy and humid in Oct/Nov, but it's still usually pretty warm....what I would call much more comfortable.

I agree to avoid summer months due to heat, humidity, rain, and crowds. Usually Sept. has the first three, but the crowds are normally very low...not this year however, and perhaps that's a trend that will continue.

If I have to put up with crowds anyway, I'd rather go when the weather is much more comfortable.

Gateshead, Tyne...
Level Contributor
88 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: When To Go In 2013

Oh that's good, I would rather go when it is less humid and maybe not raining every day and evening lol (hopefully haven't just cursed myself saying that).

Can't wait to start planning now, I nearly enjoyed planning as much as being there when we went last time!!

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
13,173 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: When To Go In 2013

October/November are good months to go but they can be cold if a front settles. As long as you are prepared for cold snaps and take layers to wear, you will be fine.

Reading, United...
Level Contributor
33 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: When To Go In 2013

in the very early stages of planning was hoping for christmas next year but lookiing at a topic yesterday may be priced out

Kent
Level Contributor
258 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: When To Go In 2013

We went from 17th September to 1st October this year.

It was really hot. Few thunderstorms but nothing too bad.

It was actually a bit too hot for us and we decided next year to go the same time as we went in 2011.

We are going to go 21st October to 4th November.

The weather wasn't too hot and I didn't feel uncomfortable. Ok so a little chilly at the water parks on a couple of days but generally good.

Plus celebrating Halloween is awesome!

Graysville...
Level Contributor
2,309 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: When To Go In 2013

I would pick October. Just remember that when they announce summer of 2013 that it could be delayed for who knows how long. They don't always open when they say they are going to. Somebody on here also said that there is going to be an addition to Harry Potter 2014-2015 so you could always go back and see all of the new additions when they are done. Of course there could always be something else they are adding by then.

Gateshead, Tyne...
Level Contributor
88 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: When To Go In 2013

Thanks for the help :)

Think October is sounding good now.

Can't wait to start planning!!

:)

10. Re: When To Go In 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 am, November 11, 2013