We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can we amend a Disney hotels booking and keep the DP ???

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
444 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Can we amend a Disney hotels booking and keep the DP ???

We are planning to stay at OKW for 14 nights with the free dining plan in May 2013 however DH is in need of an operation on his arm and we have been advised that the waiting list is approx 6 - 8 months.

It will be just our luck that his op will cooincide with our holiday so my question is if I book now for May with the free dining plan then need to amend my dates to August 2012 will I still be able to keep the free dining even if the offer has expired for new bookings ?

Bangor, United...
Level Contributor
251 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can we amend a Disney hotels booking and keep the DP ???

Yes you should be able to. I changed my dates (albeit only by a few days) when my offer had gone and was able to keep everything. Just give them a ring, Disney's customer service is second to none.

Basingstoke
Level Contributor
427 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can we amend a Disney hotels booking and keep the DP ???

That 'Free' dining plan offer seems to be pretty constant here in the UK anyway so you should be fine - they keep putting end dates on the free DDP deals but then straight away the next month the same deal is available again.

We booked ours to get the free DDP in April for March next year with a statement that it needed to be booked by then but next month there it was available again with a new closing date set!

I see it is also being advertised again on TV now for 2013 booking including school holidays so you should be cool for August.

Hope your sons operation comes through quickly and all goes well for him.

Leigh

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
17,129 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Can we amend a Disney hotels booking and keep the DP ???

Free dining and other promotions are linked to certain dates. I'm no expert on booking Disney hotels and packages like others on this forum, but I think you'll find the answer is no unless August 2013 has its own free dining offer with a deadline for booking that hasn't passed and availability at the resort you are looking at remaining. Rates and promotions are pretty cut and dry. They go with the specific dates. Modifications are subject to those changes - they can't just "move" it. Not sure if UK offers work any differently, but my expectation here would be being subject to offers and rates available at the time of modification.

North Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
4,336 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can we amend a Disney hotels booking and keep the DP ???

There was a post on here yesterday someone tried to do the same thing as you because her husband was laid off and Disney wouldn't allow the change because the offer had since expired.

North Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
4,336 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Can we amend a Disney hotels booking and keep the DP ???

Here's the link to the topic I mentioned above

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1954828-i20534-k5…

pa
Level Contributor
54,006 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Can we amend a Disney hotels booking and keep the DP ???

It will depend on your exact dates and if the Free Dining is still being offered at the time you need to Modify

Bangor, United...
Level Contributor
251 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Can we amend a Disney hotels booking and keep the DP ???

As far as I'm aware free dining is still being offered for August so there's no reason you shouldn't still get it.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
444 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Can we amend a Disney hotels booking and keep the DP ???

Thanks everyone I have emailed Disney and asked them, hopefully they will say yes we could amend to a later date if needed and if not we shall just have to wait and hope free dining is available in January. DH has an appointment with his consultant on the 7th Jan who hopefully will be able to give him a definite date.

Failing that can anyone recommend a nice villa because I'm going back to Florida poorly arm or not !!!

brighton, england
Level Contributor
488 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Can we amend a Disney hotels booking and keep the DP ???

Looking at it another way, why dont you let the hospital know your holiday dates and they should be able to book your op around them.

Or, if appropriate, ask to go on the short notice waiting list incase there are cancellations.

I work in the NHS and this is a very common request from patients and one, with decent notice, that is usually very easily accommodated! When you see your consultant you can let them know your holiday dates or call his/her secretary now and they can let the waiting list people know.

england
Level Contributor
4,901 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Can we amend a Disney hotels booking and keep the DP ???

free dining is available for most of the year for the uk but they do have book by dates...the offer was available earlier in the year then stopped and then started again. The current offer is until the 15th of November and since you are talking about okw...i assume your quote you have also includes the current 35% off the room rate too..this discount is harder to find and doesnt come up as often as the free dining code. Yes disney MAY change your booking but it MAY cost you more.

Personally if you havent booked yet...i would wait and see what the consultant says...or book and let the consultant know to avoid surgery before this date or just book for July.