We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thanksgiving

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
55 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Thanksgiving

Hi Guys

Finally managed to change my holiday to Disney's Port Oreleans - question is we are there fro Thanksgiving and I've heard its mental - have I made a massive mistake? Arriving on the 18th for 10 nights.

Thanks in advance

xx

Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
5,806 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thanksgiving

The week after Thanksgiving will be fine. The week of will be busy.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
55 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thanksgiving

Oh no - Thanks Kat228 xx

england
Level Contributor
183 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thanksgiving

please make sure because near thanksgiving week the restaurants get fully booked up so make sure you book your reservations for restaurants you want to eat at

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
472 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Thanksgiving

I second that. Make all your reservations in advance. I you dont, preprare yourself to wait in line up to 2 hrs to get a table at most restaurants.

Seaham, United...
Level Contributor
3,464 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thanksgiving

Are you referring just to Disney restaurants or all restaurants? We don't leave until 23rd November so I am guessing our second week is going to be busy.

Unfortunately I didn't check when Thanksgiving was. I always thought it was the last Thursday in November. I should learn to do my research more carefully!

Regards,

Deaconblue

england
Level Contributor
183 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Thanksgiving

and make sure you stay away for shopping centres as it is a black friday when everyone goes to the shops for bargain as someone put on here someone got stuck on the motorway queuing for 2 hours just to get into the shopping centre in florida

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
275 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Thanksgiving

It will be quite busy the week of Thanksgiving, but otherwise it is a great time to go. We went Sat. after Thanksgiving two years ago and loved it.

Harleysville...
Level Contributor
1,056 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving Day is November 22nd. It will be packed in the Disney parks beginning Tuesday 11/20 through the weekend. After that, you should see lighter crowds.

Also, as spicynat said, Friday November 23rd is "Black Friday" - the official start of the Christmas Shopping season. All stores have huge sales and alot will open at some crazy hour of the morning. The malls/outlets/shopping centers will be extremely busy, and the parking lots are nuts - alot of waiting for parking spots, etc... (This is not just in Orlando/Disney, but all over the US). Although, if you are willing to deal with the crowds, you can find some awesome deals.

9. Re: Thanksgiving

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, November 01, 2013