We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My first trip to US

13 posts
Save Topic
My first trip to US

Hi,

Actually i'm planning to visit USA during april 2013 for around three weeks. I was planning to go to Orlando 11 days, LA for 5 days, Las vegas for 3 days and finally NY for 3 days. However, I felt that it will be tough to go with this plan and I'm thinking to spend my time in Florida and Maimi. Really, Idont know how to plan this trip. appreciate your advise.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
2,065 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: My first trip to US

Criss-crossing the US from the east coast to the west coast and then back again is expensive and time consuming. What is the main point of your trip - entertainment, sight-seeing or something different? What's your budget like? A little more info would be a big help.

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando
Level Contributor
4,113 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: My first trip to US

The best way to start planning a trip is to do some research about what each city has to offer. When you start finding things you want to do and things you don't, you'll get an idea of how long to stay in each area. You'll also need to think about whether you want to rent a car, or rely on shuttles and public transportation. (Miami and Orlando are about 4 1/2 hrs apart.)

A good source of information would be the city's Visitor Center. They can help you pick the best location for a hotel, give information about local activities and much more. I've also included the link for Florida's Division of Tourism.

Florida-http://www.visitflorida.com/

Miami- http://www.miamiandbeaches.com/

Orlando- http://www.visitorlando.com/

Happy planning!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
5,439 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: My first trip to US

Don't know where you're starting from, so I'm just guessing you're crossing the pond. If these are cities that you really want to visit...here's how I'd arrange them. I'd fly into LA for the first leg, then on to Vegas, followed by Orlando, ending in New York and flying home from there. I realize that would probably affect airfare, but it's the route I'd take..

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
17,880 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: My first trip to US

If you want to stick to one coast, definitely New York and Florida. You could do a week in New York and 2 in Florida. Just have to decide which one first :)

13 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: My first trip to US

Actually I'll visit US for fun and only fun. I'll enter US from jfk

13 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: My first trip to US

Actually I'll visit US for fun and only fun. I'll enter US from jfk

I would prefer to visit the beach including activities such as jetski, parasailing, etc. And enjoying roller coaster rides.

My plan is to rent a car.

Edited: 3:08 pm, October 25, 2012
Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
17,880 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: My first trip to US

Well, okay you're landing in jfk, so do the week in ny. Then fly to Florida (it's a quick 2 1/2 hour flight) and split the two weeks into a beach trip and Orlando for the rides :)

Colorado
Level Contributor
3,605 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: My first trip to US

If you plan is to rent a car and only have 3 weeks, then you will spend your entire time driving with little time for sightseeing, or other activities that you want to do. Suggestion of 1 week for NY and then 2 weeks for Florida is good. Concentrate on either East Coast or Western US.

A drive from FL to LA would take about 5 days, drive to Vegas a day (short day, but still a day of driving), and then probably 5 days to NY, and then almost 2 days back to Florida. Just TOO MUCH DRIVING, IMHO!!!!!!!!

Would suggest that if you want to see so many different areas, that you would consider flying, but remember that flying still entails time, what with getting to airport, check-in, TSA, and then actual flight.

Think your plan through very carefully.

Garstang
Level Contributor
176 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: My first trip to US

I wouldn't bother trying to cram it all in to just one holiday, once you have been there you will definitely want to go back so leave some great places to go back to. I went to Florida 3 times before I got to Miami, California is still in the to do list and this is my 7th time to US. Once you start going stateside you will not want to go back to Europe for a traditional package hol.

Enjoy your 1st US experience, it will blow your mind!!

13 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: My first trip to US

Thanks for your feedback .. I'm considering the car rental for local tranportation within each city however, to move to far cities I'm planning to fly.

I think I'm more clear now about what should I do and where to go but can you advise me for a wonderful beach places? and also if there another places to visit in Florida side?

Thanks again for your help.