We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

14 days, Disney, and outside Itinerary?

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
78 posts
Save Topic
14 days, Disney, and outside Itinerary?

Hi all!!!

We are planning a 14 day vacation out to disney(only in 2014, but being the person I am, everything needs to be planned to the T)

7 days onsite, and 7 days at a villa of sorts?

2 adults(thrill seekers) and a very tall 5(almost 6) year old, who is also very adventurous!

We are considering taking a 6day disney ticket, with water park fun and more option. This way, being able to do all the parks while we're onsite, and try doing the water parks on one day, else, splitting the water parks.

It would be:

2 days MK

1 day AK

1 day HS

1 day Epcot

1/2 days at BB and TL

Leaving 1 extra day to visit a park we may have missed some things at? Should we perhaps do the park hopper as well?

Then DTD in the evenings? With La Nouba on one of the evenings?

Outside of disney, would be IOA, US, Seaworld and Kennedy space centre. Which would account for 4 full days(I expect?)

Leaving 3 days of shopping/down time?

Is this time frame realistic? We are going last weel of September, leaving Orlando area for Lake Wales on the 12th? So as far as I can see, its a quieter time?

The days allocated to disney, is this a fair amount of time to do the parks justice?

Thank you!

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando
Level Contributor
4,113 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 14 days, Disney, and outside Itinerary?

The itinerary you've started planning is realistic, but you will be busy!

One park per day is usually the rule of thumb for visiting theme parks, and it looks like that is your plan (for everything, not just Disney). In regards to the Disney ticket, if you go with the Water Park Fun & More option you can also go to DisneyQuest in DTD. Unless you know for sure you want to switch parks in the same day, I don't believe the Hopper option is necessary. A full day in each theme park is plenty in my opinion. As long as you have days remaining on your ticket, you can upgrade to the Hopper if you decide you really want it.

It's great that you are planning ahead and doing your "homework". Planning a vacation is half the fun, and you'll be happy you did.

One more thing I'll add before I end this... Kennedy Space Center is about an hour from Orlando, so you'll need transportation if you are not driving.

Happy planning!

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando
Level Contributor
4,113 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 14 days, Disney, and outside Itinerary?

P.S. When you purchase the Water Park Fun and More option, you receive as many days for Fun Visits as Theme park visits, so in your case that would be 6 Fun Visits- this can be combined with the theme parks so if you wanted to go to the Animal Kingdom in the AM and then go to Blizzard Beach in the afternoon that would be allowed. September can be very hot so the water features will definitely be used.

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
78 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 14 days, Disney, and outside Itinerary?

Thanks VisitOrlando!!!

So, if I understand correctly, I can add the park hopper option even if I only have a single day entry left on my tickets? Is thatr ight? And then would I just pay the difference for a one day hopper?

As soon as we move 'out of disney' we are going to hire a car. Easier access everywhere, without having to stress about busses, or forking out for taxi fare all the time! So will be alright for transport to KSC!

You are right! The planning is SUCH fun! But is making me terribly impatient with the old grandfather clocks second hand ;) wishing it would hurry up! Lol

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
17,198 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: 14 days, Disney, and outside Itinerary?

Yes, you can add Park Hopper with just one day remaining, but, Park Hopper is a flat fee option ($57) so it will be the same to add it then as it would have been from the start. I agree with planning full days at each park - I don't think you need Park Hopper. I think the point is you don't have to decide right now. You can always upgrade if you get here and find you want it. Until then, might be best to save that money. The point with the Water Park option should also be noted. If you buy a 6 day ticket you'd get 6 water park fun and more admissions...so really, you could use it over 12 days. Not splitting the water parks in one day might be nice. Also, actually spending some time at your resort, the resort pool, etc. would be something missing from your plan. The parks are exhausting especially in the heat. You'll need some downtime. With that in mind, don't think Downtown Disney each evening is realistic. For one, parks like Magic Kingdom and Epcot you'll want to stay at at night to see the fireworks. Other nights you'll probably be pretty shattered. Cirque is certainly worthwhile. A visit or two to Downtown Disney is certainly nice if you have the time and are up to it, but wouldn't plan to go there too much. 2 days at MK, 1 at the others, and a clean up day is pretty fair amount of time for Disney parks I think.

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
78 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: 14 days, Disney, and outside Itinerary?

Ok awesome! So DTD at least once, but not necessarily a every night thing! Cirque, do I need to prebook this? And would my 5 year old be able to go to it?

The fireworks, are they on every night? Or do I need to just check the 'events' at the parks?

Would it work out cheaper to just do a 6 day Magic your way base, then 2 day water park ticket? If that's even remotely possible(to buy the water park tix seperate?)

6. Re: 14 days, Disney, and outside Itinerary?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, October 28, 2013