We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gospel Brunch at House of Blues - Value for money?

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
70 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Gospel Brunch at House of Blues - Value for money?

We are thinking ofgoing to the 1pm sitting for the Sunday Gospel Brunch at the House of Blues. Can anyone tell me what it is like? Is the 1pm sitting better than the 10.30pm one. Where would be the best place to sit once inside?Can you book priority seating? Would appreciate any help / comments

Orlando
Level Contributor
856 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Gospel Brunch at House of Blues - Value for money?

I ALWAYS and HIGHLY recommend going to the Gospel Brunch. My family and I go at least 3 times a year and we live here! ;-) It is the most lively, festive entertainment around and the singers will absolutly blow you away! The food is also phenomenal. There is a stage that they perform on and the buffet is in the middle of floor in front of the stage and then there are tables all around so anywhere you sit will give you a great view. You can get reservations which I always suggest. It is a fabulous!!!!!! Can you tell I really like going??? ;-)

Have a great time!

Boston...
Level Contributor
2,894 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gospel Brunch at House of Blues - Value for money?

Well if you're looking for an opinion from someone who's done it. Save your Euros. Lousy buffet, a fairly stilted performance and seating is random. For that kind of money check out the Hoop-De-Doo or Luau, which don't cut out the heart of the day. You'll now probably see 17 posts saying it was the highlight of the trip, but I'm saying "Forget about it"

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
70 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gospel Brunch at House of Blues - Value for money?

I know its one for and one against. However, Hoop-de-do and luau we have done before and we wanted something a bit different - both my teenage son and husband are mad about blues and gospel music.

Boston...
Level Contributor
2,894 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gospel Brunch at House of Blues - Value for money?

Well why are you wasting time with a post then??

Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
21,304 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gospel Brunch at House of Blues - Value for money?

I'm in the middle here-the music is wonderful and the atmosphere is fun but the food is very mediocre. If you think of it as entertainment-like a character meal-rather than a dining expeience -you'll have a great time. The later seating is better.