We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

my pop century stay for Oct 2012

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,107 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
my pop century stay for Oct 2012

So just back from a 2 week stay at pop century,so thought id give a report so it will show up in a search for furture reference..

Second time here,again very clean grounds cant fault it.

They do a good job in trying to keep the food court clean,a its always so busy,and again so many people are just so messy,kids running a muck making a mess,parents not caring ,really some people really dont care how much mess they make,,i so feel so for the staff there..

Food is the same as last time,but i found meals are not as big,even when i got a turkey dinner they weighed the meat,my favourite tuna sandwhich was a lot smaller this time,and found the bread hard..

The ice cream sundae is still the best thing in the place,,

I was in the 50 section right near the pool,the pool was always clean as,the life guards do a great job watching the pool even when there is one person in the pool they dont take their eyes off the water,very impressive they were..

room was good,the bed soft and comfty,,the maids dont seem to make the face washer into animals anymore?? just having one in the windows,i always loved the line up of little animals,our maid never did one,,and yes I did tip her.

the ground staff are super friendly,food servers ok,and there really is some zombie like staff lol.Think there over the disney friendly thing maybe? lol

The bus service was again very good,never had to wait long at all.

Its great having the free wifi in the room now.

We walked over and had a few meals at the art of animation they have so much better food,loved the food court,loved the lion king part lol,,they have the best smoothies we found others on the walk back who found the secret too,walking over just for a smoothie.

Wonder how long the art of animation will put up with pop century people comming to invade their food hall !!!

So overall a good stay,i take my hat off to the cleanning staff there,they do a wondeful job it was such a clean place.

For a huge resort they do a good job.

I quess the rooms are a little small for a family but for the 2 of us it was perfect size..I was very happy with our room,they must of kept all the noisy people close to the food hall,which suited me,it was never noisy and the pool area had kids,but not noisy ones lol

We had a corner room,maybe that made it more quiet??Im a light sleeper and never was i woke up..

If we missed a pop bus,we would take a art of animation bus ,an extra 5 min walk is nothing in disney lol and we did enjoy the walk through the hotel,,its amazing very bright ,made a nice change,as a 2 week stay is long...

North Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
4,344 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: my pop century stay for Oct 2012

We've stayed at pop twice the first time we had towel animals eveyday left for us the 2nd time not one. Pop food court is my favourite of all the resorts we've been too. Glad you enjoyed you stay

wigan
Level Contributor
3,559 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: my pop century stay for Oct 2012

Glad you had a nice time at P.O.P..we found they never did the towel animals there also :-(

We stayed at P.O.R this time and every day we got back we had an animal of some sort,dont know who was more excited to get back to the room between me and my son.lol

My hubby said the same about the tuna sandwich in P.O.R,that the bread was hard until i told him they toast the bread...wouldnt of stopped him eating it anyway!

Marish

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
41,432 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: my pop century stay for Oct 2012

The "towel critters" are hit-and-miss depending on the maids you happen to get. We had a new one almost every day on my last visit to Pop Century in September and on our checkout day, we got to meet our maid who was so very friendly.

Not only did she allow us to take the ones we had collected for the week home with us, she gave us "two for the road" that day.

Edited: 11:30 am, October 23, 2012
Denmark
Level Contributor
12,304 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: my pop century stay for Oct 2012

Ah sounds like a good trip camdenmum :-)

And wow how nice Kat_cubs to get the two for the road lol

Calgary, Alberta
Level Contributor
592 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: my pop century stay for Oct 2012

Are you coffee drinkers, camdenmum? I've been wondering what the brew is like at the PoP food court.

Elk Grove Village...
Level Contributor
1,235 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: my pop century stay for Oct 2012

As is the case throughout the Disney World resorts, the coffee isn't very good. Nescafe has the coffee contract, so that's what is served. It's hot and it's caffeinated. That's about the best I can say for it.

The towel animals must really depend on the staff. In all of my stays at Disney resorts, we've had exactly one towel animal, and that was at check in during our last visit.

Edited: 2:45 pm, October 23, 2012
Calgary, Alberta
Level Contributor
592 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: my pop century stay for Oct 2012

Thanks, Gleece. That's pretty much what I understood. Since it is vital to my husband's holiday enjoyment to have good coffee, he'll have to pack his travel sized brewer and grounds.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,107 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: my pop century stay for Oct 2012

Yes shame about the face fash washers,its such a nice touch..

Lucky you kat to get to keep them..

Hi marish !!

Love how some people do their window up in halloween and put in the toys they buy and hang their princess dresses up in the window..

Yeah the tuna sandwhich,,was so looking forward to them ,,it didnt seem toasted just hard like it was straight out of the fridge,,,

Coffee,,no didnt do coffee i bring my own tes bags but found I didnt use many as im rather addicted to the hot chocolate and i had that most mornings.

I swear they put some drug in that stuff to keep you wanting to come back LOL I mean its hot chocolate for god sake,not some exotic brew..

I just love it...

langsue@msn.com
Level Contributor
116 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: my pop century stay for Oct 2012

We're booked to stay in the 80"s section. Is it closer to pick up the bus at the art of animation from that section? thanks

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,107 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: my pop century stay for Oct 2012

No the 80.s isnt close to the bridge for AOA,,your much closer to pops bus line

End of 70,s,end of 50, and the 60,s sections are the closest to the bridge to walk over to AOA