We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Royal Shuttle Service in Orlando and Port Canaveral!

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
3 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
Royal Shuttle Service in Orlando and Port Canaveral!

I'm basically copying & pasting the email I've sent to them twice (no reply) below. Bottom line: If you want to be somewhere at a certain time, do not use Royal Shuttle. We booked months ahead of time and they paid no heed to the pickup time.

On the morning of 9/22, I called and left a message saying i was boarding a cruise ship but wanted to confirm my shuttle time for the 9/29 return trip and couldn't recall if it was 8:45 am or 9 am. I never got a call back. I called again on 9/26, spoke to someone who knew my name and confirmation number but said they would have to call me back. No call back.

On 9/29, still not knowing if we were 8:45 or 9 am, I called you at 8:18 am after we collected our bags from the Disney Cruise Ship. That way we were safe either way. I was told that the driver would arrive in 30 to 35 minutes, which would be 8:50 or 9 am.

The shuttle never arrived. I called and called, finally someone answered at 9:11 am and told me the driver was at the exit and would be there in a few minutes. 15 minutes later, no shuttle. I called back, the person answering expressed surprise that we were still waiting.

A shuttle driver arrived at 9:30. I expressed my concern that we would not get to the airport in time to board at 11:30 am and asked if we should get a taxi. He said no.

He made another pickup at Carnival Cruise Line. Those two women had been waiting for 2 hours.

He dropped them off at a Days Inn...then STOPPED FOR GAS. did he not know we were late? Could he not have fueled up at 8 am????

Then we hit traffic right by the airport, which again would've been fine if we were picked up on time.

We had to run to our flight. We had nothing to eat until we got home at 3 pm.

The purpose of scheduling a shuttle pickup at the time we did was so we could get to the airport, pick up some gifts for our family, eat breakfast, and my husband could make done business calls. None of those things happened and we barely made it on the plane because of the terrible service we received from Royal Shuttle.

What is the point of a transportation company that has zero care for a traveler's schedule and no adherence to scheduled pickup times?

The last day of our vacation was extremely stressful and upsetting because of the very late shuttle. Just because the driver was ok with us running through the airport does not mean we were. There was no reason for that to happen aside from errors on the part of Royal Shuttle.

1 post
Save Reply
11. Re: Royal Shuttle Service in Orlando and Port Canaveral!

We used Royal Shuttle to get from our Orlando hotel to Port Canaveral, from Port Canaveral back to a different Orlando hotel, and from our hotel back to the airport. Their service was great. They were on time for every pickup -- even the one at 5am. Our driver, Jorge, was so friendly and very knowledgable about the area. It was like having our own personal tour guide. We will 100% be using Royal for our next Orlando trip. Fair prices too, and a van big enough for the 12 of us and all of our luggage.

Riverside...
4 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Royal Shuttle Service in Orlando and Port Canaveral!

WOW! I find it SO INTERESTING that FOUR (well, 3 really but you get the point) extremely positive posts were posted over a period of about 15 minutes, and three of them were from the same person, seemingly from different points of view (one of a traveler and one of a travel agent).

SERIOUSLY!?!?!?

I think we're seeing more proof that this company is dishonest. Guys, if you want to improve your reputation, stop lying and give your customers good customer service! It's not rocket science!

Oh, and by the way, after my cruise I used Disney Cruise Lines' transportation to the airport. It was a bit more expensive but SO WORTH IT!! Disney took my checked bags from my stateroom and checked them in for me, so I didn't have to worry about them until I got back home again. It was wonderful!

Riverside...
4 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Royal Shuttle Service in Orlando and Port Canaveral!

Oh, and one more thing.... both 'Susanbailey' and 'RobertHenk' have ONLY posted in this thread. Fake accounts? More red flags? Hmmmm....

C A
Bloomington, Indiana
1 post
Save Reply
14. Re: Royal Shuttle Service in Orlando and Port Canaveral!

DO NOT USE THEM! We had shuttle service scheduled post cruise. We were in the first group off the ship and waited over an hour, when I finally got ahold of Paul - he told me we had "missed" the shuttle and should have been out earlier! He then told me they would be there around 9:30am - this

after waiting since 8:l0am. BUT..he called me back and said we could just get on AAA Shuttle and use them - when we found AAA Shuttle and asked their driver, he called Royal and said we could get on BUT he was not scheduled to leave until l0:00am! So called Royal back and Paul told me that they could not send someone out just to pick up two people - they sure never had any trouble taking my money when I made reservations!!

CHG
albany
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Royal Shuttle Service in Orlando and Port Canaveral!

I never write reviews but Royal Shuttle is the WORST! I booked them and then researched which was totally NOT like me. I called them several times prior to our trip because I was a nervous wreck that they would not be there to pick us up per previous reviews. Paul, annoyed at the negative reviews they were getting assured me over and over that they would be there. Their "receipt" for transportation did not look official and had to be corrected several times to include; the return pick up date (really?) and notation of a car seat for my son. Carnival canceled our cruise which according to Paul, when I booked, was the only way that we could cancel and get a refund. I am still arguing with them over getting my refund (now they are telling me that there will be no refund only a credit for another transportation service by Royal Shuttle which is NOT what I was told when I booked.). I have called my Visa company to have them dispute the charge. PLEASE do NOT use this company. It is not worth the few dollars you will save. They are disreputable and dishonest.

Edited: 3:41 pm, March 20, 2013
Halifax, Canada
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
16. Re: Royal Shuttle Service in Orlando and Port Canaveral!

Attention !!!!!!!! Royal Shuttle ripped me off 108 prepaid dollars, they never showed up either way from airport to Cocoa Beach and back. Had to hire taxi both ways, and I've been trying to reach "Paul" for refund now for a month and a half without success.

Raymond Roach... Halifax NS Canada

Warrnambool...
Level Contributor
397 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Royal Shuttle Service in Orlando and Port Canaveral!

I think you will find that most people on this forum are very suspicious when someone with no previous or only one or two previous posts, posts an extremely positive or extremely negative comment on the forum.

Halifax, Canada
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
18. Re: Royal Shuttle Service in Orlando and Port Canaveral!

Well, suspicious or not.... In 62 years, I've never ever dealth with the likes of this shuttle service company.

Riverside...
4 posts
Save Reply
19. Re: Royal Shuttle Service in Orlando and Port Canaveral!

Raymond, I think that Trixie's comment was directed at me, and rightfully so because I have also only posted in this thread.

Trixie, you've got a good point. I just have to say that I don't usually care enough to take the time to comment one way or another about service I've received. I've traveled all over the world, including 6 cruises and many international trips (not to mention my 6 years and 3 deployments in the navy), and I am rarely surprised by service, either good or bad. Even bad service, although annoying, can be a fluke or just caused by extenuating circumstances. The troubles at Royal Shuttle, however, clearly run much deeper than that. I don't set out to hurt any company's business; nothing would make me happier than to see this company take a hint from the reviews and start to run their business right. Unfortunately, I am realistic and I don't think that will happen any time soon, so as a more acute remedy I just want to help any other traveler that may be considering their shuttle service by saying DON'T! Lack of skill or resources are one thing, but this company is just plain dishonest, and for that I have no sympathy.

Oh, and as an update, I disputed the charges with the credit card company, and apparently 'Paul' is much more attentive to the credit cards than to his customers. Although I could rarely actually get in touch with him, he readily replied to the credit card, stating that he never told me I could get a refund for any reason (total lie), so the credit card company couldn't give me my money back. $60 down the drain, but at least I didn't have to deal with them on my vacation!

Cambridge
Level Contributor
1 post
21 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Royal Shuttle Service in Orlando and Port Canaveral!

June 24th..Royal Shuttle, our office booked Royal Shuttle for a client arriving on a cruise ship. We believe it is a scam. We received a confirmation, prepaid it, only to have them not show up. We called the number 9 or 10 times in a row, leaving messages, then all of a sudden it goes to a "private number" this guy answers and says we are calling a private number..yet we can clearly see on our phone we are not. I even had Bell Canada phone operator call the number and received the same guy..so folks what do you make of that???