We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How strict is the age limit at discovery cove?

Birmingham, United...
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
How strict is the age limit at discovery cove?

I am thinking of going to Florida next October wherby my daughter will be 5 years old, have noticed on the FAQ's for discovery cove you have to be 6 to swim with dolphins. Does anyone know how strict this is do they ask for ID etc?

Thanks in advance

Iowa
Level Contributor
9,999 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: How strict is the age limit at discovery cove?

Don't expect a refund if they don't let the 5 year old swim.

Edinburgh...
Level Contributor
1,732 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: How strict is the age limit at discovery cove?

For 1 week, i very much doubt they would deny him his swim...

chicago
Level Contributor
8,350 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: How strict is the age limit at discovery cove?

no, they do not ask for kids, american kids dont even have them

cornwall
Level Contributor
2,054 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: How strict is the age limit at discovery cove?

book it up

Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
25. Re: How strict is the age limit at discovery cove?

I emailed them and asked them if my boy who would be just over a month away from being 6 would be allowed a dolphin swim and this was their reply

Unfortunately no. He is too far away from being 6 for us to make an exception. If he is within days of his birthday, it is one thing, but a month is just enough out of the range that we cannot knowingly make an exception. We do not require proof of age, we trust that the parents will make the right decision based on safety for their child. We can allow him into the water with you at the end of your interaction to take a picture with you, but that is pretty much it. No kisses or hugs, just a photo.

26. Re: How strict is the age limit at discovery cove?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 03, 2014