We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

orlando in june?

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Clydebank, Scotland
Level Contributor
105 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
orlando in june?

Is June a good time to visit Orlando? Looking for looks of sunshine and not much rain.

Also how busy will the theme parks be compared to other times of year e.g. school holidays?

Thanks!

UK
Level Contributor
458 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: orlando in june?

I have been 18th of June before and it was ok. Sometimes the parks will be very busy 'especially weekend' but if you find out which park has quiet days on certain days it should not be to not too bad. Not a Guarantee though as always hard to predict. It was really nice weather when I was there pretty hot. The second week we had the storms but they are usually about 4pm each day and last about an hour give or take if that, and maybe another one a bit later. I think I would go again in June as the parks stay open a bit later when I was there which is always good.

Florida
Level Contributor
2,919 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: orlando in june?

All of the schools in the US are out by around the 10th of June, so after that, you will notice a lot more people in town. If you are coming at the beginning of the month, it's not so bad.

Summer weather in Florida is typically sunny mornings, and a rain shower or thunderstorm in the afternoon. That runs from May through September. The rain showers are caused by the sea breezes on the coasts working their way inland and colliding with the hot humid air over central Florida. We had a nice batch of them yesterday, although it was a little early in the season (we've been running above average temperatures and it's the heat that causes the rain). It's unusual to have rain all day, but it does happen now and then. If you really want lots of sunshine and little rain, you need to come in the winter. The only drawback is that although it's sunny, it can also be very chilly. Unfortunately we can't have it both ways.

If you have to come in the summer, June is the best month, both crowd-wise and weather-wise.

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
7,255 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: orlando in june?

I agree, June is a much better time to visit compared to the rest of the summer. It will be hot and humid, but it only gets worse the further you get into summer. Most Central Florida schools get out in May (my son's last day is May 23), so you may find some locals taking advantage of the parks before all the other summer visitors arrive.

Clydebank, Scotland
Level Contributor
105 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: orlando in june?

thanks everyone - that's really helpful. June it is!

Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
1,882 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: orlando in june?

We've gone twice in June and I believe having a good touring plan is crucial to your overall enjoyment of the trip. The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World is a great book and tourguidemike.com is a great online subscription service. Both have studied WDW crowd flow and can really help you significantly avoid long waits in lines. We've used both. Last June we used tourguidemike.com and we never waited more than 20 minutes for any attraction. I've seen other posters talk about 1 - 1 1/2 hour waits during that same time frame.

Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
1,882 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: orlando in june?

We've gone twice in June and I believe having a good touring plan is crucial to your overall enjoyment of the trip. The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World is a great book and tourguidemike.com is a great online subscription service. Both have studied WDW crowd flow and can really help you significantly avoid long waits in lines. We've used both. Last June we used tourguidemike.com and we never waited more than 20 minutes for any attraction. I've seen other posters talk about 1 - 1 1/2 hour waits during that same time frame.