We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodation advice with baby

kent
Level Contributor
188 posts
Save Topic
Accommodation advice with baby

Hello Everyone

I’m looking for some advice on accommodation with a 1 year old baby

i normally stay at the Rosen Inn at Pointe Orlando as I love the location

A friend told me it might be easy staying at a villa with a 1 year old baby

Can anyone recommend any villas in the same location and do people with it will be ok staying at hotel etc. what’s best?

UK
Level Contributor
1,164 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accommodation advice with baby

I can't recommend any villas in that area - I simply don't know the area. We tend to stay on hwy 27, between the I4 and 192 around Davenport.

I should imagine though that a villa would make things a lot easier for yourself and your baby. You've got more space to prepare food and put things, whilst your baby, with any luck, shouldn't be disturbed when trying to nap by kids running around outside the room going to the pool and stuff (which is only natural, but not helpful to napping babies).

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
85 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accommodation advice with baby

I don't think there are any villas in that area but there are condos/apartments which will give you the conveinence of a kitchen and separate living/ sleeping areas. Off the top of my head I can think of the Staybridge Suites, Enclave Suites and Homewood suites. I have only stayed in the Staybridge which are close to pointe orlando and thought they were rather basic but a decent enough base. I'm sure someone else on here can recommend somewhere better. X

Edited: 1:48 pm, September 18, 2012
Manchester
Level Contributor
820 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accommodation advice with baby

Have you thought of staying in a suite instead? We took DD 1 year old last year and stayed at Hawthorn Suites (now NV) located on Canada Avenue just off I Drive near Sand Lake Rd. Like you we stayed near Pointe Orlando previously as we also like the location but with DD needed a suite. We would put DD down for sleep in the travel cot and then we could spend time in the living area watching TV, chilling out, eating dinner etc.

Regarding facilities, there was a decent kitchenette with full size fridge, microwave, hob, (no oven), dining table, sofa, TV. The hotel provided free breakfast (OK and useful but we preferred to eat out) plus there was a laundry room in the hotel with dryers for you to do washing. I thought the front desk staff were good at this hotel - we needed a Dr one night and they were great at providing a phone number, and asked afterwards how things were.

There are other suites around I-Drive aswell but don't ask me which ones!!

Next time we are considering a condo instead of a suite so that DD has her own room. Vista Cay gets good reviews and it is on Universal Boulevard just behind Pointe.

If I can help with anything else re travelling with 1 YO, just PM me

Have a fab trip.

Portsmouth...
Level Contributor
781 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Accommodation advice with baby

Villas and Condo's are so much easier with babies, ours are older now but we only stayed in one hotel when the oldest was 18months and 2 weeks in the same room with a toddler quickly persuaded us to go for more space the next time. We never looked back and would not stay long term in a hotel again, Villa's and Condo's for us every time.

Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
24,101 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Accommodation advice with baby

I'd choose a suite hotel-Staybridge Suites,Residence Inn,Embassy Suites,etc.

The downside of villas is they are not always babyproofed,not convenient to the theme parks and often you are too far away from your children to hear them if you are in the yard. Suites offer some cooking facilities,separate bedrooms,free breakfast and managers receptions. I also would not want a private pool with a baby,it would make me too nervous

Greater Manchester...
Level Contributor
1,076 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Accommodation advice with baby

yeah , i dont think i would like to stay in a villa

Manchester
Level Contributor
820 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Accommodation advice with baby

Disfaninnyc you make a v gd point - private villa pools scare me too. In fact we didn't even visit the one at our hotel but did visit Aquatica 3 times & it was perfect for us. Graduated entry to the baby pool, lots of sand for DD & nice sunbeds & rides for us (took turns of course!!)

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
49,865 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Accommodation advice with baby

Stay in a suite or condo- something with a kitchen.

At the very least, a mini kitchen of sink, fridge, Micro. Suites are good as you dont have to be in same room as baby so can watch tv etc while they are napping.

kent
Level Contributor
188 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Accommodation advice with baby

great thanks for the advice. so it looks like

Staybridge Suites

Enclave Suites

Homewood suites

Embassy Suites

Residence Inn

would be best

has anyone taken a 1 year old and stayed in a hotel?

Is it manageable?

Edited: 9:09 am, September 25, 2012
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
24,101 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Accommodation advice with baby

Yes and yes.Any of your choices would be great with a baby;so much easier having kitchen facilities and they all have breakfast included. I would pick in order:Staybridge Suites, Residence Inn,Homewood Suites,Embassy Suites,Enclave last because it gets some bad reviews. Have fun