We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Man Vs Food...

Nottingham, United...
8 posts
Save Topic
Man Vs Food...

Evening all,

We're off to orlando next month and yes, i think im more excited than the kids :)

Im a big fan of the TV show, man vs food - anyone who's seen this show will know what i mean when i say some of this food looks awsome!

its weird, here in the UK we don't ever really eat in these kind of places but for some reason it just looks amazing on this show..

my question is where are the best pig out spots in orlando? we're staying in kissimee and have a car booked so im prepared to travel for good eats!

im talking non-chain types, you know family owned serving pulled pork, BBQ, lobster....also anywhere do the eating challenges that adam richmond attempts on the show?!!

much love

stu

Special Offer
Kennedy Space Center Day Trip with...
477 reviews
from $54.99*
$59.00
Kennedy Space Center and Everglades...
188 reviews
from $128.99*
Crystal River Manatee Snorkeling and...
131 reviews
from $118.99*
Special Offer
Coca-Cola Orlando Eye, Madame...
14 reviews
from $51.99*
$87.87
Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Man Vs Food...

If you type in Man vs food in the search box you'll get lots of posts on this subject. Here's one to start you off :)

tripadvisor.co.uk/…41403934

Nottingham, United...
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Man Vs Food...

yeah..i realised that after hitting submit. im an idiot :)

cornwall
Level Contributor
2,257 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Man Vs Food...

I think sonnys or fat boys on 192 do an all you can eat rib dinner. By the way the meat does not fall of the bone at this type of diner.

Nottingham, United...
8 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Man Vs Food...

yeh although im after bigger man v food style portions the quality has to be there too..piles of dry, rock hard ribs arent my cup-o-tea lol

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
704 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Man Vs Food...

You can go to somewhere like Ponderosa where you can get a meal from around $10 up and then have free roam of the salad bar which is much more than salad, this you can just eat until you burst

Other one that I tried a week ago is Buffalo wings or is it bills cant remember as a week ago. They do superb burgers but my damn 13 year old son wanted me to have some of their HOT wings for a challenge. They have about 12 heat levels of heat from sweet bbq to the stupid hot level and you can have either boned wings in 6s (around $6 inc tax) or boneless in 8s.

The hottest one left me with tingling lips and tongue for around 30 mins afterwards.

No reward after but an experience

Nottingham, United...
8 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Man Vs Food...

yeah thats the kinda thing i was thinking of...ill look it up, cheers!

Manchester N.H.
Level Contributor
12,307 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Man Vs Food...

Yo Stu~~~~~You're coming to America. Even your cup of tea,won't be your cup of tea!! Ha ha ha ha ha !

(a little "weak tea" humour) ;+)

Oops...hit the button too soon. I suggest "Five Guys Burger" shops. No challenges,but the burgers and fries are the best ever!!

Edited: 4:48 pm, September 12, 2012
Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
428 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Man Vs Food...

Hi Stu ..

I watch the show over here in the UK too, although haven't really enjoyed the more recent 'Man v Food Nation' show that much.

Anyway, back on topic ... There is a place on the way into to Tampa that featured in the show - apparently offers some of the best bbq in the area. Can't remember the name of the place, but it's just off the I4 before you actually head into Tampa. Check the show scedule inof and from that you can check the content of each episode. It appeared on one of the last few of the second series of Man v Food, if that helps.

Good luck and good eating.

Nottingham, United...
8 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Man Vs Food...

lol funny you said that as my missus just asked if we can buy tea there...think shes putting some in the case just to be sure..

mmm a good quality burger is the bomb...with bacon, everything is improved with bacon

stu

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
83 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Man Vs Food...

Sonny's BBQ has great pulled pork, and BW3(Buffalo Wild Wings) will have your hot wings.