We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What Parks to visit with 3 Year Old?

Kansas City
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Topic
What Parks to visit with 3 Year Old?

Hi -

We are heading to Orlando in May. I am going to be 4 months pregnant and my son will be 3 1/2. We are definitely planning on MK but are trying to decide if we should do AK, MGM or Sea World. Also, can we do more than one park in a day to make the park hopper park of value. I don't think we'll plan on doing any other rides in the park other than what my 3 year old will do. My husband may ride a couple of things on his own but not many. Any suggestions?

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
40,420 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What Parks to visit with 3 Year Old?

Forget the park hopper with a 3 year old; you'll probably need an afternoon break for his naptime anyway and you'll need full days to see each park.

Definitely go to M.K. and Sea World.

Animal Kingdom is an "iffy" one for you, as there are going to be rides there which he won't be able to enjoy, but then there are things he would enjoy there too (it will be about 50/50 on that respect). However, if he really loves animals, I'd do it too.

Kansas City
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: What Parks to visit with 3 Year Old?

Thanks. He doesn't nap anymore but is tired around 7pm. He may nap while we are there though but my guess is he'll want to go till he drops.

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
40,420 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What Parks to visit with 3 Year Old?

When is your trip? Knowing when you're may help me give you more suggestions.

missoula montan
Level Contributor
162 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: What Parks to visit with 3 Year Old?

We just got back from our first trip there.

I would do mgm/ or animal kingdom.

in addition to MK.

MGM:

The parade is very fun for younger children.

playhouse Disney.

Little Mermaide show.

Beauty and the Beast

Fantasmic performance at night is great.This performance is very scary in parts and a 4 year old might be too scared to attend this performance.

There will be no rides for your little one to do in this park however!!!

Definately not epcot.

there is no parade.

crush from Finding nemo has a cute show with an aquarium there. No ride for your age. not much else for younger kids to do there.

Animal Kingdom has :#1 best thing SHADE!!!

a ride and childrens section for little kids that would be fun. A great parade.

Lion King performance. /the adults would enjoy the safari ride as well as your child.

A live pocahantas show with real animals that is great.A live bird show. The new roller coaster just opened that your husband could fast pass and do quickly... it is very fun!!!

They also have a river ride , I'm not sure what the age limit is. You get very wet...

I would probably do Animal kingdom espesially since you are pregnant, and the shade is very nice in this park.

Do Sea World when your children are older 6 or so.

What ever park you do --- GET up early and arrive at the park 25 minutes before the park opens. In MK there is a cute train that arrives into the park that welcomes the visitors with some Disney character in it. I just loved it.

A park hopper would be good for you. You could go over to MGM and go to the above attractions that I mentioned after animal kingdom.

I need to know how many days you plan on being there.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,248 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What Parks to visit with 3 Year Old?

Hi- I last went to Disney in May when I was almost 6 months pregnant and with my 3 1/2 year old! We spent most of our time in the Magic Kingdom. We did go to MGM to do a couple of those things mentioned by the previous poster, but mainly for my husband to do a couple of "grown up" rides. Animal Kingdom had a great parade and a few rides my daughter liked, but most of all I enjoyed the shade and relaxed while they had fun on the rides. We didn't spend too much time at Animal Kingdom.

Kansas City
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: What Parks to visit with 3 Year Old?

Thanks for all the info. We are going May 18-23. We are staying at the Swan for 2 nights - Thurs and Friday then going to HGVC Internation Drive Tuscany for the other 3. We thought our arrival day would be checking out the resort and pool. Then the 19th do MK. On Saturday we'll be switching hotels and doing the pools. Then we'll have Sunday and Monday to do parks or pools whichever we decide. So, we are thinking of 2 days doing parks and maybe 3 depending how it goes and what the weather is like.

Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
1,882 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What Parks to visit with 3 Year Old?

There is a new article on allearsnet.com about visiting WDW while pregnant. You can read it at: www.allearsnet.com/pl/pregnant2.htm

Cheshire,UK
Level Contributor
1,145 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: What Parks to visit with 3 Year Old?

Hi dmcnnr

We just got back and my little boy is the same age, I thought he would hate MGM but it turned out to be one of our best days, he loved the parade, Lights, motors, action (stunt cars etc) but then he loves cars. He enjoyed the playhouse disney and voyage of the little mermaid, he was also OK with Fantasmic but watched most of it on my knee. AK is lovely for the kids with the safari and festival of the Lion king and the lovely forest walks and a little dino ride, mine was too small for Khali River rapids by 1 inch but we are all on the small side so your son might make it, we spent 2 days here because it was the least crowded and as someone else pointed out the shade is very welcome. We also combined it with dinner in the Rainforest cafe which is just outside, again the kids loved this.

I personally wouldn't bother with Seaworld until kids are a bit older.