We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.


Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
essen, germany
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Anna Maria Island, Orlando
Level Contributor
3,960 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic


maybe someone is able to help me :-)

last year i was on my way to the airport in fort myers.all bags are packed and the plane was going early...

no excuse, i know, but i was 10 miles/hour too fast :-(

one officer stoped me and wanted to see the licence (was in my bag) but i was told not to look for it...

ok, so i got 2 tickets (speeding and licence).

i sent a check and a copy of my driving licence to lee county (adress on the tickets) and thought everything is fine now.

but the check returned... (ok, maybe this i s fine :-))

i have never heared of it again! i wrote emails to florida highway patrol, to lee county sheriffs office, lee county court and usimmigration. but noone has records from this tickets!

maybe this is a good sign but i´m usually often in florida and i don´t want to have problems at the immigration when i return in summer!

anyone who can help??

Level Contributor
1,283 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: speeding

Can't advise you, but can tell you the folowing:

Individual police can not "cancel" a ticket, they are required to turn in the citation book and all ticket "stubs" must be accounted for. It's possible you only received a "warning" which does not require payment (only proof that the conditions have been met ie: sending in proof of your license), if you still have the original tickets check them. It's also possible there was a computer snafu and your citation was lost and is forgotten and of course it is also possible that your right "no one wants to help you clear up the matter" and you'll be in hot water sooner or later. There should be a record of your tickets somewhere, if you can only find someone to actually check (perhaps hire an attorney to check into it if your really concerned). Welcome to the american legal system! Ho, Ho, Ho