We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Disney Value Resorts??

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Tennessee
Level Contributor
110 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Disney Value Resorts??

Other than the new AoA is there a big difference in the others as far as room size, cleanness, comfort, etc? Will be myself, DH & DS (6).

Planning 2 weeks in area just not sure if we will stay 1 or 2 weeks on Disney property since we plan deep sea fishing, beach time and exploring.

North Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
4,336 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Disney Value Resorts??

All the value resorts are great. Obviousally AoA is brand new so it will appear much cleaner and taken care of, the other 4 value resorts are clean and cared for as well but yes the are aging. Disney does a great job of updating when needed pop century wasn't very old before they revamped the rooms. We've been to movies and pop. I would definataly go to AoA but if I had to choose one of the older resorts I would pick pop for sure. It is also right next to AoA so you could walk over and explore.

pa
Level Contributor
54,024 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Disney Value Resorts??

I agree, they are all clean and comfy and fun

Have a look at some of the videos

http://allears.net/acc/resortvideos.htm

pa
Level Contributor
54,024 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Disney Value Resorts??

Sorry, wasn't able to edit

http://allears.net/acc/resortvids.htm

Travelers Rest...
Level Contributor
6 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Disney Value Resorts??

The value resort rooms are nice, but small. If you and your DH are used to a king or queen sized bed just be aware that the value and most moderate resorts at Disney are going to have full sized beds in them. Even with full sized beds, the value resort rooms are not what I would call spacious. If all you plan on doing is sleeping in the room and you don't mind a full sized bed, then it's a fine (albeit expensive) room. Also, the resorts are huge and just walking to the food court and back to your room can be quite a hike. We found it can be a pain if you end up needing to go back to your room after breakfast.

That said, the theming of the resorts is amazing and your DS will love all the over-sized items. The swimming pools are wonderful, too. Plan on spending some time just enjoying the atmosphere at the resort. Some of our kid's favorite days at Disney have been the days we have stayed at the resort and swam and relaxed at the resort.

Decatur, Alabama
Level Contributor
1,820 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Disney Value Resorts??

Disney's Pop Century Resort has its own bus transportation that is not shared with other resorts.

Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
19,908 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Disney Value Resorts??

The Value resort rooms are 260 square feet-they are tiny. For a couple, I think that would be okay for a few days;otherwise, staying off property or at a Disney moderate hotel would be much more comfortable. Art of Animation is newer but the rooms are the same size as others...no more comfortable but probably cleaner. But really think about whether you want to stay in such a small space with 2 people-for many people,it is just swell but for many others-they would have preferred a little more space and amenities.

England
Level Contributor
288 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Disney Value Resorts??

We have decided to stay at a suite in the AofA which was the same price as a standard room in a deluxe hotel

pa
Level Contributor
54,024 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Disney Value Resorts??

As a note to a comment about the beds at the moderates, they all have Queen size Beds, for a while now

The suite at AoA will be fine

( not sure I understand anyone using the term " tiny" about the standard rooms anyway but the suite of course will be plenty of space for 2 adults and 2 small children. And besides, you aren't going to LIVE in the room or suite, you will be at the Parks and enjoying the amenities out side of your Resort, the room is for sleeping and taking a shower, isn't it ? ;-)

North Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
4,336 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Disney Value Resorts??

I find the rooms more then large enough at the values.

Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
19,908 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Disney Value Resorts??

You don't understand that 260 aquare feet is a tiny room?Our kitchen is twice that size and we live in a NYC apartment..260 square feet is a tiny room,even by European standards and we have stayed in some pretty small rooms In Paris and Rome and London. tiny means extremely small.