We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how busy in June

united kingdom
8 posts
Save Topic
how busy in June

Going to orlando at beginning of June. Whats the queing time like at the theme parks. Last in Orlando in August which was very busy,will June be any quieter.

Brandon, Florida
Level Contributor
8,388 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: how busy in June

Unfortunately June will be just as busy as August. Schools will still be on vacation.

tcc
crawley, west sussex
Level Contributor
551 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: how busy in June

I'm a bit ocncerned as well as we'll be there from the 22nd May to the 1st June, but hey, we've got all day to go on the rides, so I'm not going to let some queues ruin it! If your really concerned you can obviously use the fast pass sytem at Disney, and pay for an express pass at Universal, but there's pros and cons to that one (see the seperate thread).

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
40,764 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: how busy in June

According to the "best days" estimates, wait times for major attractions, worst case scenario, will be 65 to 94 minutes at the Disney parks (no fast passes) in early June.

Some American schools will be on summer break by this time and some will not. Every school system in the U.S. sets their own schedule for when they break for summer. Schools in my area will be getting out around May 25th.

Early June should be a tad bit "quieter" than early to mid-August, but about the same as late August as some U.S. schools begin the fall sessions in August, while others wait till September (again, each school system sets their own calendars).

Just so you'll know and be prepared, the first few days or so of June is "gay days" in Orlando, as they have a major convention there.

Charleston
Level Contributor
459 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: how busy in June

My husband and I went to Orlando in June a couple of years ago and the parks were slammed! There were tons of people everywhere and the weather was extremelly hot. With that said, we still had a wonderful time. We went on lots of rides, enjoyed the pool in the afternoon at the Animal Kingdom Lodge and rolled with the crowds.

Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
1,882 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: how busy in June

We've gone in the off season and we've also gone twice in June - once in the second week, once in the third week. It is crowded but quite managable. I am a strong proponant of having a good touring plan - last year we were there for the third week and we never waited more than 20 minutes for anything - major or minor attaction. The people that do these plans study the parks and crowd flow and really can help you avoid the masses as much as possible. There are two that I've used that worked well.

You can buy the "Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World" at book stores, from Amazon, and sometimes used on eBay but get a recent edition. Adding a new "headliner" to a park changes everything. They have clip-out touring plans in the back. The Unofficial Guide has more of a "Commando" approach - it gives a plan of attack for doing it all. Put a line through anything you aren't interested in and just follow the outline.

Last June, we used on online service called tourguidemike.com ($20) and loved it. We took a group of 35 people to Disney World and this was the first time for most everyone else. Some of the people had actually never been on a vacation that wasn't just to visit relatives. We used Tour Guide Mike's touring suggestions and never waited more than 20 minutes for anything. We walked on to Sourin' and the standby line was a 70 minute wait when we got off. Mike is a WDW VIP tour guide and is in the parks nearly every day. He really knows a lot about Disney crowd flow. The articles about the how's and why's of enjoying the parks are great - with the intent of having the best over-all experience. There are some suggested touring plans that you can print but the site is really designed to help you develope your own touring plans. Some people find this process a bit overwelming at first. There's also great information about which days are the best day of the week for a particular park.

The other thing is that getting to the park 15 - 30 minutes prior to park opening is crucial. You'll get most of your headliners in in those morning hours.

CLEVELAND
Level Contributor
770 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: how busy in June

Gay Days? Did I hear you correctly? At Disney?

San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
545 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: how busy in June

Lisalala,

You heard it right. There are several posts about this topic in this Forum that, perhaps, you would like to read.

PELUCH

CLEVELAND
Level Contributor
770 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: how busy in June

That's ok...I'll pass! Just glad I booked my Disney vacation on the right days!