We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ESTA Authorization Pending

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Swansea, United...
Level Contributor
399 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
ESTA Authorization Pending

just filled forms in for my wife and myself, my wife is authorized, but my application is pending, has anyone had this problem and should i be worried.

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
4,187 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ESTA Authorization Pending

Nothing to worry about, there are often posts on here stating the very same thing. Its never happened to us but it does sometimes take a little while.

County Galway...
Level Contributor
2,700 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ESTA Authorization Pending

Mine was pending once for a few hours, check it again later

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
761 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ESTA Authorization Pending

Same happened to me a couple of years ago. Probably selected for a random audit.

Horsham
Level Contributor
2,690 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ESTA Authorization Pending

Nothing to worry about, it happened to me once and I panicked and checked again a couple of hours later and it was authorised, so check again later x

Keith, United...
Level Contributor
275 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ESTA Authorization Pending

Its quite normal....mine a few years ago was pending for several hours, it was approved later :)

UK
Level Contributor
11 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: ESTA Authorization Pending

Completed my husband's esta last week and was pending checked 15 minutes later and it was fine seems to happen all the time it did say to check back in 72 hours.

Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: ESTA Authorization Pending

We had this last problem last month with my husbands esta. We kept checking but got no authorisation. We tried to fill in a new application but it said a authorised esta was held by the passport holder but we could not retrieve it!?. In the end we applied for a new esta and it was authorised, so if all else fails buy another esta . Happy holiday x

Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: ESTA Authorization Pending

We had this last problem last month with my husbands esta. We kept checking but got no authorisation. We tried to fill in a new application but it said a authorised esta was held by the passport holder but we could not retrieve it!?. In the end we applied for a new esta and it was authorised, so if all else fails buy another esta . Happy holiday x

south yorkshire...
Level Contributor
1,378 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: ESTA Authorization Pending

Ha, my 14 yr olds is currently pending, his face was a picture.......i told him we may be leaving him at home!!

i'm laughing now but won't be if it doesn't work!

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: ESTA Authorization Pending

This happened to us last year. My busbands was authorised a few hours later and I just thought it was because we used the same card to pay for each one but there was no problem.