We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lake Buena Vista Area / Restaurants

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ireland
Level Contributor
60 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Lake Buena Vista Area / Restaurants

Hi All,

Hoping you could help me.

Myself and DH were in Orlando 4 years ago and stayed on I Drive.

We are now going again with my family also and I was just taking notes (getting addresses for sat nav etc) of some restaurants that myself and DH went to last time that I would like to visit again and bring my family.

So two that I have just checked up on were Bahama Breeze and Olive Garden on I Drive.

When I put in the search field Orlando I spotted that both of these restaurants brought up Lake Buena Vista addresses also.

We are staying at Lake Buena Vista Resort Village and Spa so I am presuming that these restaurants would be nearer for us to go?

Also are they as good as the ones on I Drive?

I am not too familiar at all with the Lake Buena Vista area so was curious as to what restaurants etc are around the general area and are they all in the one area?

Sorry if that sounds like a stupid question - I was just presuming I would need to go to I Drive for the likes of Bahama Breeze etc.

Thanks in advance :-)

Satellite Beach...
Level Contributor
17 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lake Buena Vista Area / Restaurants

If your family likes seafood then I recommend Joe's Crab Shack which I know there is one located in LBV off Apopka Vineland Road. A little south of there across from Downtown Disney's entrance are a few other good restaurants. Most restaurants in the Disney/I-Drive area are pretty good, but it really depends on what type of restauarant you are looking for.

Blackwood, United...
Level Contributor
4,899 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lake Buena Vista Area / Restaurants

There is also Applebees which offers good value for money and 2 for 1 offer on drinks. Next to bahama Breeze is Golden Corral (ok first thing in the morning for breakfast)

Blackwood, United...
Level Contributor
4,899 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lake Buena Vista Area / Restaurants

Forgot...Lonestar Steak House and Landrys Seafood restaurant

Ireland
Level Contributor
60 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lake Buena Vista Area / Restaurants

Thanks guys I will look into those recomendations also.

So if I want to go to Bahama Breeze or Olive Garden I should go to the one in the Lake Buena Vista area and this will be much nearer?

Sounds stupid asking this but I really had my head set on we would HAVE to go to I Drive for these two.

Will be great if these two options are even nearer.

Va
Level Contributor
10,660 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lake Buena Vista Area / Restaurants

If you can't find a restaurant in the LBV area, you are probably not hungry. There is practically every chain you can ask for and then some. Bahama Breeze will be pretty close to your hotel, and if you go a little further past I4 you will find hundreds of restaurants from McDonalds on up. There are probably 10 in the crossroads shopping center alone.

Blackwood, United...
Level Contributor
4,899 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lake Buena Vista Area / Restaurants

No, you won't have to go down to I-Drive. LBV much nearer :-)

Chelmsford, United...
Level Contributor
410 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lake Buena Vista Area / Restaurants

The irish pub at the hotel is brilliant for food, the service is also excellent :) another to add to your list!

yorkshire
Level Contributor
313 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Lake Buena Vista Area / Restaurants

We love Bahama Breeze and also Sweet Tomatoes my dd's favourite we have to go there at least twice!

London
Level Contributor
38 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Lake Buena Vista Area / Restaurants

Bahama breeze at LBV is very good, busy on weekends. And we now love the new (ish) Panera bread -a coffee and bagel place nearby, for breakfasts. LBV is a great holiday base - especially for Disney. The crossroads restaurants nr Downtown Disney are cheap and cheerful , Perkins also good for alue breakfasts.

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
16,878 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Lake Buena Vista Area / Restaurants

Bahama Breeze, Olive Garden, and most others will have multiple locations with one not really any better than the other. They are chains. You will not have to go to I-Drive to eat...unless you want to!

From LBV Resort Village and Spa turn right for Bahama Breeze. You'll come to it just before you get to the highway/I-4. Turn right on Vineland Ave. same as you will if you want to got to the Premium Outlets Vineland Ave. It's right there on the corner, but you'll pass it if you don't turn. If you continue down Vineland toward the outlets there are some other nice choices on the way to the outlets.

Stay straight and go under I-4 and you'll come to the Crossroads/Hotel Plaza Blvd entrance to Downtown Disney. There are many restaurants in this area including Olive Garden and Sweet Tomatoes which someone mentioned. It can, be warned, by very heavy with traffic at times. Many of the restaurants there will also be found on 192 and easier for you to get to. Turn left out of your hotel then right on 192. You'll find yet another Olive Garden, another Perkins, Lonestar Steakhouse like near the outlets, etc. etc.

If you are going to Downtown Disney, don't do it via Hotel Plaza Blvd. Again, the traffic. Turn right out of your hotel, and access Disney by making a left at the first light.