We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rentalcars.com

London
Level Contributor
89 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Rentalcars.com

Hi,

we need to book car hire for our first trip to Orlando in August & have come across rentalcars.com

I would appreciate if anyone can advise about them or any other car hire company that can be recommended.

We need to book a standard SUV & need to make sure that we do end up paying over the odds.

Thanks

Special Offer
Kennedy Space Center Day Trip with...
468 reviews
from $54.99*
$59.00
Kennedy Space Center and Everglades...
183 reviews
from $128.99*
Special Offer
3-Attraction Ticket: The Coca-Cola...
11 reviews
from $49.99*
$87.87
Special Offer
Crystal River Manatee Snorkeling and...
126 reviews
from $112.99*
$118.99
Level Contributor
2 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Rentalcars.com

They let you book with a debit card but only collect with a credit card. As usual you have to delve into the small print to find this out. I lost £25 deposit and won't be using them again. No integrity.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
47,579 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Rentalcars.com

Again, that was the local company. Not rentalcarscom.

Most rental companies will allow debit cards, as many in the orlando forum post frequently. Who was your american supplier who refused you?.

It is, however, unwise to use a DC to rent a car in case something happens or there is a dispute after the rental. CCs come with far more consumer protection than do debit cards.

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
201 posts
1 review
Save Reply
23. Re: Rentalcars.com

Hi

Following the excellent service last year I've booked with them again, I paid the deposit by debit card and the balance has been taken from my debit account this morning ( we leave 4 weeks today ) it does state clearly on the voucher that we'd have to pay for the tank of petrol when we pick it up but to return it empty.

We didn't get the hard sell last year but we flew in to Sanford, I hope we get a good experience from Dollar at MCO.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
47,579 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Rentalcars.com

They (dollar) do seem to be pushing upsells and roadside assistance HARD at Dollar some recent reports say. so be on your guard.

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
201 posts
1 review
Save Reply
25. Re: Rentalcars.com

Will do! We got stung BADLY 7 trips ago ...... My DH looked rather proud proclaiming he'd upgraded us, I'd assumed (wrongly) that the reason for his smile was that we'd had a free upgrade......yes I was that stupid! $500 that little lesson cost us! I ALWAYS remind him of this every time he goes to collect the car!

Canada
Level Contributor
1,085 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Rentalcars.com

My recommendation is NOT to use rentalcars.com.

I rented from them, and had to pay considerably more than the price shown on the quotation, and felt cheated. Please PM me if you're interested in the details.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
47,579 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Rentalcars.com

No, we won't.

If you want tp post the details, please do.

I have used them at least 15 times w/o incident.

Again. I will say most problems occur with the US supplier of the car pulling a fast one on you

Portland, Oregon
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
28. Re: Rentalcars.com

Stay away from RENTALCARS.COM they will keep your money and make it almost impossible to get any refund. They seem more like a bolier room scam operation than a legitimate site. They charged me $753 dollars for a car I never was able to use. RENTALCARS.COM = SHAMEFUL RIP OFF.

Edited: 8:25 am, August 23, 2013
Portland, Oregon
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
29. Re: Rentalcars.com

This guy is a paid social media reputation person that has been paid to defend the HORRIBLE RENTALCARS.COM scam.

Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
1,596 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
30. Re: Rentalcars.com

Avis all the way....No hard sell, Quick pick up, Nice Cars, Good Guys to deal with at MCO, No pressure at all!!!