We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Art of AnimationLive TR - All days continuing...... Cars sec

Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,872 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Art of AnimationLive TR - All days continuing...... Cars sec

We are here! We arrived at midnight last night on the Magical Express (Mears version). Checkin was a breeze- lets face it, we were the only ones checking in! Flights were delayed or diverted in CT due to the massive lightening storms going thru the Northeast. But, all that pixie dust that is spread on this forum came our way and we were the oly plane that was able to land. And now it is my turn to take the time as so may others have to share our adventure.

This resort is the one resort that the pictures do not do it justice. I thought that the resort looked very bland - not the case. The lights are bright at reception, and the 3 cast members available were all very helpful.

Coming in at midnight, no crowds what so ever, the visual impact is stunning. I could have believed with the Disney magic that I was in Radiator Springs. All of the stars of the Cars movie are there in lifesize form. Great for picture taking.

The resort layout is a bit confusing at first but they give you a map and we had a bellhop help us to our room.

Next - the room

Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,872 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Art of AnimationLive TR - All days continuing...... Cars sec

The Room -

Iam very pleased with the room, the layout, the decor. Everything has that "new" smell. I love the entry lock system. No more trying to swipe the card, you only hold the magnetic strip to the black box and voila! the green light goes on and in you go. We were told by the bellhop that the only other resort to have this is the Grand Floridian but Disney is looking to upgrade all the resorts.

When you walk in, you have the table with 4 chairs (lightweight) and the first bed which is a "Murphy" bed that pulls down from the wall. To pull down the bed, you need to have the table cleared because the table slants down when the bed is open. There is 2 toolboxes (nightstands) one with an alarm clock.

The first bathroom is accross from the bed. The tub and toilet are seperate from the sink (only one sink in this bath) with a door. There is also a door to close the sink area for privacy - love it!

There is a small kitchenette area with another sink, small fridge, coffee/tea maker and a small microwave.

Don't want to lose all I typed - will continue with the rest in the next post.

pa
Level Contributor
54,249 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Art of AnimationLive TR - All days continuing...... Cars sec

Woo Hoo ! You have arrived. That pixie dust surely must have been with you, the storms were quite nasty, glad you're safe

Tha AoA sounds great so far. Carry on, have fun. Looking forward to hearing more details :)

Indiana
Level Contributor
1,507 posts
397 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Art of AnimationLive TR - All days continuing...... Cars sec

AoA family suite may be were I look next time over 2 eco rooms. The pictures of the Cars wing look awesome. Have a great time!

Disney is a little behind times in the hotel door lock department, Nickelodeon Hotel has the type of door lock feature already. It sure is less hassel.

North Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
4,341 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Art of AnimationLive TR - All days continuing...... Cars sec

The Disney cruises use the same door system glad to see they're implementing it everywhere. Glad your loving the new hotel. We'll be there in a few short months, can't wait! I look forward to your posts can't wait to hear about the dining options. Hope you enjoy your vacation

Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,872 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Art of AnimationLive TR - All days continuing...... Cars sec

On with the room report -

Off of the table, Murphy bed area is the bedroom. Queen size bed, 2 end tables with lamps shaped like the cones used in construction. Room is good size with a 4 drawer dresser - just light brown color not toolbox looking. In the bathroom that is off this bedroom had a stand up shower (the tub is in the other bathroom with one sink. Both sinks have a shelf under them, great for storing bathroom supplies. The shower only has one small shelf that would store only a few bath supplies - I need to take mine in and out and put them on the floor of the shower!

The next area is the "livingroom" area with the pull out sleeper sofa. This is where the designers missed a great opportunity. You have to take off two pieces of the couch and move the coffee table out to pull out the couch. There is not alot of room to move when you put the pieces on the floor. I have stayed in a hotel that had another Murphy bed that would pull down over the couch and the coffee table. That left more floor space to move around in. Hopefully no one will bang into it during the night.

I can tell how new the room is because I found construction dust on the corner of the bathroom vanity! If anyone has ever undergone any type of remodeling, you know what I am referring to!

We had breakfast at Landscape. I had my Micky waffle with fruit (yea!) My nephew had the same while my husband had the spinich, potatoes and cauliflower on the panini type bread. I must be in the Disney mode because I even thought the coffee tasted good!

After breakfast we came back to the room to organize and unpack. We are waiting for my other nephew and niece to arrive so we can get vacation and family reunion underway.

My other nephew and I explored the resort, finding shortcut, looking in the gift shop. We walked over to Pop Century which is a lot closer to us that it looks on the map. Very cute resort. I know Davesbabe likes it there along with a few others on the forum.

Niece and Nephew arriving so more later.

If anyone has any questions about the resort, I will do my best to answer or find out.

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
873 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Art of AnimationLive TR - All days continuing...... Cars sec

Aloha ColinaConnect...

Thanks for the report looking forward to reading more. Will you have a chance to see the standard rooms too? What do you think the best section of the resort is is I am curious.. Have a great Time Aloha

Kissimmee, Florida
Level Contributor
2,760 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Art of AnimationLive TR - All days continuing...... Cars sec

wow,the place sounds wounderfull.i can't wait to see it.

glad you made it safe and sound.TA pixie dust realy does work,but i think partypa has the best pixie dust..

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,229 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Art of AnimationLive TR - All days continuing...... Cars sec

It does sound lovely Colina, what are the grounds of the hotel like?

Shame the Murphy bed means having to move furniture around... Hopefully it won't be a pain for you.

Look forward to hearing more :0)

Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,872 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Art of AnimationLive TR - All days continuing...... Cars sec

After I signed off yesterday, niece and nephew arrived,and after a lot of catching up, decided to go to Downtown disney for early dinner. Ate at Wolfgang Pucks which is in our opinion, the best place to get dinner on the counterservice dining plan. Most of us had the 1/2 rotisserie chicken with garlic mashed potatoes and their brownie for dessert (yum).. Nephew #2 had pizza while neice had fettuccini with chicken.

Walked around DTD for a while to work off dinner so 2 hours later ----Ghiridelli's. We then used a few snack coupons at Goofy's Candy Co so the kids would have a snack later.

Took the bus back to AoA and just relaxed and went to bed early.

A few observations about the resort:

WiFi working great (using it now)

Transportation with the buses is working very well, only have had to wait a few minutes from the resort for the bus to arrive. They don't appear to share with another resort. We will see how this pans out as the week goes on.

I think they call the castmembers here artists I will have to check and let you know.

Don't want to lose the typing - will continue later....

pa
Level Contributor
54,249 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Art of AnimationLive TR - All days continuing...... Cars sec

Wolfgang Pucks, yum

Ghirardellis, super yum

Good to hear the WiFi is working just fine

As a side note to those that don't enjoy the card swipe key entry -

It was reported yesterday that all the Disney Resort Room Locks are being upgraded. That might take a little time but they will all be nice and new and easy ( think there are about 50,000 resort rooms, something like that :)