We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can you see Illuminations from Disney's Boardwalk?

Ontario,Canada
Level Contributor
388 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Can you see Illuminations from Disney's Boardwalk?

Planning our stay this fall, to avoid crowds at the end of the evening at Epcot, can you see Illuminations from Disney's Boardwalk?

Magic Kingdom Park
Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Disney's Animal Kingdom
Nature & Wildlife Areas, Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Epcot
Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park
Water Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
41,657 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can you see Illuminations from Disney's Boardwalk?

Perhaps the very highest fireworks, but most of the show would not be able to be seen from the Boardwalk.

Ontario,Canada
Level Contributor
388 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can you see Illuminations from Disney's Boardwalk?

Thanks for the quick response Kat-cubs-fan! Any thoughts on my fanstamic post??

Florida
Level Contributor
2,919 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can you see Illuminations from Disney's Boardwalk?

Are you staying at the Boardwalk or just planning to be wandering about? When I stay at an Epcot resort, I watch Illuminations in the park from the bridge between the UK and France, right next to International Gateway. I've never had a big problem with crowds returning to the hotel. Of course, I usually walk back instead of trying to take the boat, so that makes a difference. So if you are staying at an Epcot resort, you might want to give it a try.

You will be able to see some of the fireworks from outside the park, but not anything that happens down on the water. A good spot to watch from is the walkway from the Boardwalk where it bridges over the water. Watching from this vantage point, you will see three separate sections of fireworks, at the very beginning, in the middle, and then the finale. There will be fairly long periods of nothing in between.

Ontario,Canada
Level Contributor
388 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can you see Illuminations from Disney's Boardwalk?

fla4fun:We are actually booked at the POR! I had just heard alot about the crowds getting out after the shows being terrible and since my hubby wants to use the Disney transportation when doing the parks, I thought watching after dinner at the Boardwalk would be easier. Thanks for the info though I will definately use it when making our travel plans!

Florida
Level Contributor
2,919 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Can you see Illuminations from Disney's Boardwalk?

If you don't mind a round about way to get back to your resort, you could still exit Epcot at International Gateway and get a bus to DTD at one of the Epcot resorts, then go from DTD to PO. However, in the fall it shouldn't be too bad to get the bus back from Epcot to PO. If you are doing that, I would recommend that you watch Illuminations from a point closer to Future World. The best spots are right between the two shops at the end of the walkway from Future World to World Showcase, but you need to get a spot very early because they go quickly. You can usually get a spot in front of Canada about a half hour before the show that time of year.

Ontario,Canada
Level Contributor
388 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Can you see Illuminations from Disney's Boardwalk?

Thanks fla4fun, I'll mark that on my park map!