We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pickin up Disney tickets from Disney hotel week before stay?

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
227 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Pickin up Disney tickets from Disney hotel week before stay?

We have booked our holiday for June 2013 and have decided to stay in two places. The first week near seaworld and then the second onsite at Disney's Old Key West.

We have pre booked the disney Ultimate 14 day ticket via the uk disney site so we could get the free dining whilst staying at the disney hotel.

What I wanted to check was when we could pick up our tickets? Could we get them sent to us earlier and then later added to our KTTWC when we check in? Or maybe collect them on our first day in Orlando so we can go to the parks before we stay onsite.

Also cheeky question but as we are staying onsite would they give us a car parking pass when we picked up the tickets to save us on parking before we actually ended up staying?

I Know it's a bit naughty to ask but if it saved us some money, we only intend on visiting disney maybe 2 days in the first week anyway so if we can't get the car pass no big problem as long as we can get the tickets before checking in the second week.

Thanks.

Denmark
Level Contributor
12,304 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pickin up Disney tickets from Disney hotel week before stay?

Bump this up for You

hollywood birmingham
Level Contributor
1,406 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pickin up Disney tickets from Disney hotel week before stay?

I did a split stay this year - i booked my disney accom and emailed disney to ask if i arrived a week earlier could i pick up park tickets earlier and they said no as tied to the KTTW card, luckily i had no booked flights - so booked the stay the week after disney - you could then use your card for the remainder of your stay to access the parks.

However i have read other posts on the dibb where they have picked tickets up 3 days earlier - but they had to keep asking and ended up taking a couple of hours to sort - so you could always try.

Free parking is only whilst staying on the disney resort so i doubt if they would allow that.

Chris

pa
Level Contributor
54,318 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Pickin up Disney tickets from Disney hotel week before stay?

Yes, you Can pick up your Park Tickets, up to 3 days in advance, best location for this transaction is Guest Services at Downtown Disney

No, you cannot get the Free Parking Pass until check in

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
227 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pickin up Disney tickets from Disney hotel week before stay?

Ah that's no so good. We definately are staying elsewhere for he first week as going with family, and already just booked the disney bit.

Can't understand why they can't just give you seperate tickets like you get at the park ticket centers. not sure what we will do if we can't get them before checking in on the second week. We are planning on (if it's on) doing the star wars weekend one day but might only be on before we check in.

Think I might need to contact disney and see what they say. If they aren't willing to budge may need to cancel with them as what's the point of paying for the tickets if you can't use them?

Maybe someone else out there has had a better experiance with trying to get their tickets earlier, i'd be so pleased to hear if they have, but thankyou Chris I know now I probably need to contact disney asap to sort it out.

I really didn't think it would be a problem. :-(

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
227 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pickin up Disney tickets from Disney hotel week before stay?

Ah just read Partypa's post, Is it definately only 3 days as that means we'll waste technically 3 days of our park tickets and still probably won't get us into the park for the star wars events the first weekend.

pa
Level Contributor
54,318 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Pickin up Disney tickets from Disney hotel week before stay?

Yep, 3 days early

Any chance you can switch weeks ? Modify your dates and "other" accomadations, so you are staying at Disney your first week ? The tickets are good for 14 days from first use.

The Tickets are Part of your Disney Resort Package, technicaly, they don't have to let you get the tickets til your Package starts

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
227 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pickin up Disney tickets from Disney hotel week before stay?

Just booked Disney so no chance of changing those dates without costing us, and the star wars weekend is likely to be the weekend before which is what we want to go to (on your helpful advice partypa :-) ) The only thing I might be able to do is add an extra night onto the disney part and that might give me enough days including the 3 extra (i think)...

we fly in on 7th june 2013 (last star wars weekend day is likely to be 9th I think) and checking into OKW on the 14th for 8 nights. If we checked in on the 13th would this mean we could do the star wars weekend on the 9th. That is what we are most bothered about?

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
227 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Pickin up Disney tickets from Disney hotel week before stay?

Ah no my cals are wrong I'd need to add 2 extra days. :-( Don't think we can do that. Arghhhh....

Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
21,002 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Pickin up Disney tickets from Disney hotel week before stay?

As long as your tickets are part of the package,you can't pick them up or use them until you check in nor you can you use any of the resort amenities-free parking,resort pools,dining package,charging privileges-its all part of the package you booked. If you prefer to use the tickets for Disney parks without staying in a Disney hotels,don't book a package,just book the Disney hotel room for the days you need it and then buy the Disney tickets for the days you need them.Parking is only $14 for non Disney hotel guests so its not a huge expense but anything tied to a package goes with the package-buy a la carte and no problem using what you want when you want.

pa
Level Contributor
54,318 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Pickin up Disney tickets from Disney hotel week before stay?

I will say it again

Yes, you can pick up Package Tickets Prior to Checking In at your Disney Resort

www.disboards.com/showthread.php…

Scroll down to #15 ( I )

"Picking Up Package Tickets Prior to Start of Package"

Phi, since you have some time, how about saving up and just get a One Day ticket when you get there so you can go to the Star Wars Weekends Events . Seems silly perhaps but better than missing out on the fun