We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is the Disney photopass cd worth it

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
196 posts
Save Topic
Is the Disney photopass cd worth it

I was wondering if the Disney photo pass cd was worth all the money, there are two of us and we were wondering if we will have enough photos on the cd to justify the amount that Disney charge for the photo pass cd

Magic Kingdom Park
Disney Parks & Activities, Theme Parks
Disney's Animal Kingdom
Nature & Wildlife Areas, Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Epcot
Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park
Water Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
pa
Level Contributor
54,492 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Is the Disney photopass cd worth it

If nothing else it will be worth it to have Both of you in all the photos, even if it's a few dozen ( I am sure you will find opportunities to take alot more than that of course :)

http://allears.net/tp/ppass.htm

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,229 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is the Disney photopass cd worth it

I def think it's worth it if you pre order it. You can get lots of lovely photos with great background scenes. :0)

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
196 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Is the Disney photopass cd worth it

Do you know what ride photos are included

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
17,451 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Is the Disney photopass cd worth it

considering individual prints or photo downloads are in the neighborhood of $12-$14 each, you can easily get you monies worth out of the pre-order. you can get tons of pictures. if we see characters, it's not uncommon to have 30 or more in just one day without even trying. inevitably there are a few that we like even when taking pictures simultaneously with our camera. it also seems there is no risk to preordering. this has been a popular topic the last several days and in reading the fine print there is this "If for any reason you decide that you do not wish to fulfill your pre-arrival PhotoCD order just let us know within 90 days from the date of Pre-purchase and we will remove the credit from your cart and grant you a full refund." in other words, if you time it right, you can see if you've accumulated enough photos to make it worth it to you.

Ontario
Level Contributor
1,063 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is the Disney photopass cd worth it

My husband and I always travel to Disney just the two of us, and we have always preordered the CD and have been very happy with it. Last trip we had over 150 photos of us, as you can edit and add on borders and such before you order the CD.

Ride photos are not included in the regular photopass, but you can upgrade to the photopass+. Regular photopass CD is $169.95 or $119.95 if you preorder it. Photopass+ is $199.95, but it cannot be preordered. Here is the link for the preorder, as well as the info you may need about the photopass+ and what it entails.

www.disneyphotopass.com/previsitoffer.aspx

http://allears.net/tp/ppass.htm

Connecticut
Level Contributor
10,036 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is the Disney photopass cd worth it

Yes!!! Yes!!!! Yes!!!!

My daughter and husband just returned yesterday and had some great photos and wished they had pre ordered. She could of easily gotten her money worth.

inverkeithing
Level Contributor
101 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is the Disney photopass cd worth it

Yep we just returned on Tuesday and downloaded 441 photos :) . The ride photos are not included but if you buy them you can add it to the cd so you can make reprints. You also get lots if stock Disney photos which capture images you wouldn't normally get and can pass off as your own. Also you get to edit them with really cool borders and signatures which are ace. Worth every penny definitely pre order as we got it for around 50 dollars less

Edited: 1:38 pm, June 01, 2012
Swansea, Wales
Level Contributor
357 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is the Disney photopass cd worth it

Each photo is around $15 so you have to weigh it up. Went last November and had around 150 photos from all 4 parks, so was well worth it.

This year I'll be doing seaworld, Busch etc. and just once or twice to MK so it wouldn't be something I'll get this time around.

If you want to get the CD then preorder before you go, it'll save you $50.

Halifax, NS
Level Contributor
647 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Is the Disney photopass cd worth it

It's only worth it if you are diligent about finding the photographers and getting your pictures taken. I preordered the CD, but only ended up with about 50 photos. I didn't see many photographers around, other than at the "main" places (castle in MK, hat in HS, tree of life in AK and golf ball in Epcot). I was also under the mistaken impression that I could upload mine own photos and have those added to the CD. That is not the case. You can upload your own photos, but they put them on a separate CD and charge you another $20. Then they charge you double shipping charges.

Indiana
Level Contributor
1,530 posts
416 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Is the Disney photopass cd worth it

I think I'm going to get the Photopass+ this trip. It will include all the ride photos, the photos from Tusker House, extras from CRT and I'll get a free photo package from the Pirate League. Plus, I am making a special effort to get pictures with as many characters as my daughter will tolerate waiting for. She's 8, so I won't have many more chances as she gets older and possibily "too cool" to stand next to them...