We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Epcot and MGM

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
CLEVELAND
Level Contributor
770 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Epcot and MGM

Which table service meals do you recommend for both entertainment value and food at these two parks?

Boston...
Level Contributor
2,894 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Epcot and MGM

Please be more specific. Are you folks interested in belly dancers, singing waitstaff,om-pah band, or chefs twirling ginsu knives. And those are only a few of the choices.

Sebewaing, Michigan
Level Contributor
381 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Epcot and MGM

B-Tom, that was hilarious!!

IL
Level Contributor
7,205 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Epcot and MGM

Lisalala,

At Epcot the Garden Grill is a character meal. Also enjoy Le Cellier in Canada and if you enjoy German food the Biergarten.

At MGM Studios our favorite is 50's Prime Time Cafe where "Mom" serves you dinner and may remind you to take your elbows off the table. And another favorite is the Sci-Fi Dine In Theater.

Check out the menu's at www.allearsnet.com

Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
1,882 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Epcot and MGM

I like the atmosphere of the sit-down restaurant at the Mexico pavillion. Norway now has princess breakfast, lunch, & dinner. Biergarten has not been getting good reviews on its food lately.

The Rose & Crown pub in the UK pavillion has Pam Brody "Pub pianist & vivacious entertainer with international flair" on Sundays & Thursdays after 4:30. I haven't seen Ms. Brody but I have had lunch at the R&C and liked it. Leon Gregory is the pub pianist on Mon-Wed & Sat.

There is an "Accordian Artiste" in the L'Original Alfredo di Roma Ristorante in the Italy pavillion after 5:30, except for Tues. & Thurs. I haven't seen this.

I like Mama Melrose for MGM but there isn't any entertainment...well, once we had this waiter who was born & raised in America but no one in our group understood a word he said. It was kind of like talking to Beeper from the Muppets or any adult on Charlie Brown. Completely incomprehensible but entertaining in a way. And, the service was very attentive and there were no errors in our order.

CLEVELAND
Level Contributor
770 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Epcot and MGM

LOL Boston Tom...all of the above.

CLEVELAND
Level Contributor
770 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Epcot and MGM

Actually, at Epcot we were considering these restaurants....which if any, have an entertainment factor to them and what is your opinion of the food.

Le Cellier

Rose and Crown

Alfredo Di Roma

Chefs De France

CLEVELAND
Level Contributor
770 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Epcot and MGM

Boston...
Level Contributor
2,894 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Epcot and MGM

Well, you won't belly dancers, om-pah bands,orginsu knives at any of those! My opinion Le Cellier O.K. overpriced steakhouse.Rose and Crown food,cheaper,boring, but the all-time view for Illuminations.Chefs is only good if you enjoy being insulted by the waitstaff. Alfredo's mixes pretty goog food with a festive atmosphere.(Remember singing waiters?)Unless you're totally opposed to Mexican, San Angel is really good. The ginsu thing in Japan is communal fun. Stay clear of China and Germany. I also thought The Coral Reef was only average.Tough choices huh!

Fayetteville, AR
Level Contributor
2,149 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Epcot and MGM

For food AND atmosphere we like San Angel Inn or Garden Grill at Epcot and Sci Fi Dinner Theater or 50s Prime Time Cafe at MGM.

CLEVELAND
Level Contributor
770 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Epcot and MGM

We have narrowed the menue down to Le Cellier and Chef France. Strictly for the food. Im sorry to hear there is not entertainment in these areas.

We are having Italian at MGM so dont want it again at Epcot. Kids wont eat Japan. What do they do in the Mexican restauraunt you mentioned?